Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why do you like MindCrack?

26 replies to this topic

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Personally I've been doing a lot of DW20's pack. Mainly because I love DW20's videos and I trust his choice of mods. I've been looking into MindCrack as well, and I must say that I'm fairly impressed with this pack. So I'd like to know why everyone who actively plays MindCrack, prfers it over other packs.

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Well, I personally switched to Mindcrack because it's very similar to Beta. Since the Beta pack is still in 1.4.2, I felt that the "upgrade" was necessary. Not to mention, it has RedPower, which is awesome in it self, and updated versions of gregtech and the Portal Gun Mod, which both had major updates after 1.4.2. I like it better than the others because it seems to focus on IC2 and BC 3, which go great together. It also doesn't have things like Mysticraft or EE, which, while great mods, are commonly considered to make the game too easy.  It's a great pack, and it can be difficult. Some people might not like it, but it makes the game last longer, and gives you a lot of room to upgrade. And that is why I like it!  :)

Though, I will say that if you want the pack strictly for the tech stuff, the Tech World pack is the better pack. It has even more focus on those mods, and includes things like charge pads, gravity gun, and  the voxel mods. However, it doesn't have any "magic" mods, so it's strictly for tech lovers. I would get it my self, but I don't want to have to lose everything from my current world.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

I play Mindcrack because it's the only one I play thus far. And its name was the most appealing to me.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

I think people would like the MindCrack Pack because it's the hardest by default, has loads of mods and the MindCrack servers are quite popular.

The Direwolf20 Pack doesn't have Advanced Solars and Advanced Machines.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

DW20's pack does have Compact Solar Arrays, so not having advanced solars doesn't seem to be that much of an issue to me. And Advanced Machines is nice, and I missed it at first, but it's not that bad without it.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

DW20's pack does have Compact Solar Arrays, so not having advanced solars doesn't seem to be that much of an issue to me. And Advanced Machines is nice, and I missed it at first, but it's not that bad without it.

I personally like the fancy GUIs the Advanced Solars bring me. :P

• ZER0-0 likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

I would also like to point out that the Advanced Solar Panels are able to still collect energy by moonlight. And that you can upgrade a single panel to the next higher tier without needing 8 of them.

banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

I would also like to point out that the Advanced Solar Panels are able to still collect energy by moonlight. And that you can upgrade a single panel to the next higher tier without needing 8 of them.

This. ^^

But with Solar Panel Hard Mode disabled, Compact Solars are a lot cheaper.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

True, but who wants to play the sissy version of Mindcrack?

• ZL123 and ZER0-0 like this
banner-13472.png
banner-25377.png

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

True, but who wants to play the sissy version of Mindcrack?

Haha. I don't.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I just play mindcrack because of the mindcrackers. I love all their videos. First, I discovered ethos, who is my favorite. Then UHC 8 came out (ultra hardcore season 8) and i began watching all of the other mindcrackers. I watch their videos and use their pack.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I like mindcrack because it has traincraft and gregtec, mostly. 

• bgh251f2 likes this

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

TheLaw, on 07 Feb 2013 - 01:36, said:
I like mindcrack because it has traincraft and gregtec, mostly.

I'm pretty sure most packs have GregTech.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

whoeveriam

whoeveriam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I play MindCrack because I watch the mindcrack guys on youtube and want to have the same mods as they do

• ZER0-0 likes this

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I'm pretty sure most packs have GregTech. The direwoolf pack doesntt

I'm pretty sure most packs have GregTech.

The direwoolf pack doesn't

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

Alister19

Alister19

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 38 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Personally I've been doing a lot of DW20's pack. Mainly because I love DW20's videos and I trust his choice of mods. I've been looking into MindCrack as well, and I must say that I'm fairly impressed with this pack. So I'd like to know why everyone who actively plays MindCrack, prfers it over other packs.

I'm with you, exactly the same reasons for playing DW20's pack, that said I've always wanted to check out mindcrack because of its overwhelming popularity, Greg-tech seems like an awesome mod if you're finding things too easy, which I do get to a point where I'm stockpiling materials, so I definitely want to test mindcrack out

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I mainly started using MindCrack as a community I'm active with (which will stay anonymous) started hosting a server with it on. Though while you may be cursing like crazy due to GregTech early on, you realise that actually, most of what GregTech does actually helps the game more than harming it (even if It pulls off cheap blows every now and again. An example would be the Matter Fabricator and how GregTech suddenly changes how iridium is used. That is an obvious time sink for the sake of it and not to help.)

Mostly though, I like how most mods interact with each other. For example, I have a contraption that generates Rockwool by combining GregTech, IC2, Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion, Factorization Iron Chests and Forestry.

Spoiler
I'm still scratching the surface of some mods (mainly Forestry bees and Railcraft), yet I'd like to finish off IC2/GT and Thaumcraft first. Both are extremely useful to me at both early and late game. 

• ZER0-0 likes this

XEL8o9

XEL8o9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

retracted

• ZER0-0 likes this

chadlupkes

chadlupkes

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I'm impressed with Gregtech, and I'm working my way up slowly.  I've mostly played the Direwolf pack because of his videos, and I have a house server I play on with my son.  But the public server I found uses the Mindcrack pack.  I'll play the others as I find servers to play on.

I'm not really impressed with the Ultimate Pack so far.  Thought it would be a full combination pack bringing in all the various mods together, but it's pretty limited so far.  Maybe that will grow as they get them all to work together.  Hope so.

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

What amuses me with GregTech is how so many people go "OMG dis makes IC2 soooooo hard I nevr wanna pley dis mod agin!)

All it does is balance the mod and add further progression. Which for me, makes the experience much more enjoyable.

• ViperSRT3g and ZL123 like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users