Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Power converters

3 replies to this topic

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:webkilla
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Just curious:

Since PowerCrystals hasn't updated the Power Converter mod to 1.6, do any of you know of any alternative ways to convert the different energy types into.... the different energy types?

Like, I find it quite lovely with the new leadstone and whatnot energy cells to store a lot of RF easily and early in the game - but I can't find a way to convert that into IC2 energy, say for charging my modular power suit

Do any of you have any suggestions?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

The RF to EU conversion I use is actually by way of Modular Powersuits:

1. Charge a powersuit item in Thermal Expansion's Energetic Infuser.
  2. Discharge the item into an MFSU.

I've automated this with some itemducts and tesseracts (I can go into more detail if you want, but it's pretty straightforward).

RF -> MJ is done automatically by just hooking up an energy conduit.

MJ -> RF can be done using Energy Transfer Nodes, I believe.

You might be able to convert EU to RF by way of MFFS, but I think there's inherent loss with this method.

Hope this helps.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Tech World 2 has Power Converters included from someone... not sure if it was the one by powercrystals. Works exactly the same though, and you should be able to copy the mod over to whatever pack you're using.

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:webkilla
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I tested the transfer node thing in creative - that should work! thanks!

...now I can just set up an array of electric engines fed by IC2 power to help juice up my RF stores.

And that energizer thing - thanks on that too :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users