Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTB Unleashed CodeChicken Crash

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Daimonin

Daimonin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Daimonin
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hi all.

I run a server, and I have been having some issues with the latest Unleashed version (1.1.2). Randomly, the server shuts down, this is the error presented to me in the log file:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/mutable/Queue
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$OperationSynchroniser.startOperation(TileMultipart.scala:447)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$.startOperation(TileMultipart.scala:511)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart.notifyPartChange(TileMultipart.scala:114)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart.addPart_impl(TileMultipart.scala:194)
at codechicken.multipart.MultipartGenerator$.addPart(MultipartGenerator.scala:90)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$.addPart(TileMultipart.scala:580)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart.addPart(TileMultipart.scala)
at codechicken.multipart.minecraft.EventHandler.place(EventHandler.java:73)
at codechicken.multipart.minecraft.McMultipartSPH.handlePacket(McMultipartSPH.java:19)
at codechicken.core.packet.PacketCustom$ServerTinyPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:197)
at codechicken.core.packet.PacketCustom$CustomTinyPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:229)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleTinyPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:354)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket131Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:425)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72494_a(NetServerHandler.java:1275)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet131MapData.func_73279_a(SourceFile:41)
at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:461)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:677)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:275)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:573)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.mutable.Queue
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:238)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 24 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:227)
... 26 more

Anyone got some ideas? I've tried searching around, but haven't had much luck. Possibly related, there's a bunch of items in NEI, and some iv'e vound ingame, that are labeled as "Unnamed".

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Your server is running out of memory. Allocate more RAM to the server.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Daimonin

Daimonin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks, I gave it 4Gb... But now its crashing without giving any error in the logs at all. Just says "Server Closed" and shuts down... Logs dont show any error message.

013-08-05 00:42:58 [INFO] <P1> i see why you like these tesseracts and magma engines so much P2, next to no maintenance
2013-08-05 00:43:10 [INFO] <P2> yeeep
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Stopping server
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Saving players
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Closing listening thread
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Saving worlds
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Saving chunks for level 'world'/Overworld
2013-08-05 00:43:19 [INFO] Saving chunks for level 'world'/Nether

Its acting as if I had shut the server down nicely.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

That's really odd. If you don't get any error messages after that, I'm not sure what to tell you, honestly. The root error you were getting previously is an OutOfMemoryError, which means that you weren't giving the server enough RAM; perhaps this is related, but it is related to the server not having sufficient CPU power to process all the things going on? If you have access to the server console or to Task Manager while the server's up, try watching Task Manager and/or the console to make sure that CPU usage is not critically spiking, after which the server begins to shut down. This would indicate a lack of CPU power.

Another remote possibility is that your server and/or the machine it's being hosted on are being force-stopped. If the CPU test yields nothing, try scanning the machine that the server is hosted on and make sure that it contains no malware/spyware.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Daimonin

Daimonin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks, I'll look into what I can of those. I do have physical access to the server, its sitting in my basement running MineOS Crux. It's never done this before, and has been running for a couple years on Vanilla, then Ultimate, now Unleashed. The problems seem to have only cropped up recently, in the last couple days. Actually thinking about it, its more or less since the update to 1.1.2...

Gzer0o

Gzer0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Gzer

I am having the exact same problem on my server, was running with 8gb ram and perm size of 128 so i raised the permsize to 512 now it just shuts down without error and the logs is same is yours, it also only happens with the unleashed 1.1.2.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Interesting...

It looks like it may have something to do with a mod called Forge Multipart, which I don't think is in Unleashed. I'm not even sure there's a version for 1.5, but I'm sure there's one for 1.6. It is made by the people who made Forge, if I'm not mistaken.

It's basically a mod that adds back all the RedPower2 Microblocks, because RP's basically dead now. It also adds new functionality to torches, redstone torches, levers and buttons; multiples of those can be placed in one block's space. I don't know if it works with signs, but it sure should. :P

So... maybe it's something to do with that.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Gzer0o

Gzer0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Unleashed does have the microblocks from the redpower (or atleast a copy) with a different type of saw though.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Unleashed does have the microblocks from the redpower (or atleast a copy) with a different type of saw though.

Ooh. That is Forge Multipart. I wasn't sure, but thanks for bringing that into my attention.

It also looks like the error is saying that it can't find some class somewhere in the scala library.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Gzer0o

Gzer0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ooh. That is Forge Multipart. I wasn't sure, but thanks for bringing that into my attention.

It also looks like the error is saying that it can't find some class somewhere in the scala library.

I can't find the Forge Multipart in the server folders anywhere but the items are most certainly in the game, but i haven't used any of them or even looked at them other than scrolling past them in NEI, so why would they cause random crashes? and it seems quite rare for servers to have this problem i dont see how that could be the cause then ?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I can't find the Forge Multipart in the server folders anywhere but the items are most certainly in the game, but i haven't used any of them or even looked at them other than scrolling past them in NEI, so why would they cause random crashes? and it seems quite rare for servers to have this problem i dont see how that could be the cause then ?

As I understand it, Forge Multipart overrides things such as torches, buttons, and levers so that they can have more than one in the same blockspace. So even if you aren't using any microblocks, Forge Multipart is still at work in your world.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

As I understand it, Forge Multipart overrides things such as torches, buttons, and levers so that they can have more than one in the same blockspace. So even if you aren't using any microblocks, Forge Multipart is still at work in your world.

Mhm... that's what I said.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Does a mod have to provide support for that? I certainly didn't notice an ability to place multiple levers on the one block.

Edit: Ah, I see, one on each face, as opposed to little levers all in a row...

Gzer0o

Gzer0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

So in essence this isn't something i can fix? i have to wait for unleashed to be updated with Forge Multiblocks fixed before my server will stop its random crashing ?

Gzer0o

Gzer0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I solved this problem by remaking the startscript from ''java -Xmx8G -Xms8M -XX:PermSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M ftbserver.jar'' to ''java -Xmx8G -Xms8G -XX:PermSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M ftbserver.jar''

yeah... such an embarrasing error...

• ZL123 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users