Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Tools

6 replies to this topic

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

What are some of the best Tinkers' tools?  I don't care if it is the mining level, durability, or efficiency, I just want to know the best all around tools.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I tend to make my top-tier Tinker tools with Cobalt for the head since it can mine basically anything, and has the best speed. For the handle, I use Ardite since it provides Reinforced II and a good handle multiplier. If there's a binding: paper, for the extra modifier slot. For my sword, Manyullyn blade for sure, and either a blue slime handle for extra durability or a cactus handle for the extra damage at lower durability. I have a spare pickaxe made of Manyullyn, too.

Everything gets auto-repair. Sword gets beheading, luck, lifesteal, and as much sharpness as it can. Everything else just gets speed, except for the cobalt pickaxe which gets luck before speed, and the manyullyn pickaxe which gets silk touch. The sword has top priority for getting Extra Modifiers, because it needs them, but ideally the tools all get a nether star at some point.

I've not bothered with any of the Electric upgrades, nor auto-smelt. Nor bows and arrows, because I know for sure I'd just lose my arrows in lava or something.

• xfritz5375 and IHazJaffaz like this

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

I tend to make my top-tier Tinker tools with Cobalt for the head since it can mine basically anything

What can it not mine?

• IHazJaffaz likes this

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

What can it not mine?

AFAIK it can mine anything. There technically is an even higher mining level (Manyullyn), but there are no blocks requiring it (except maybe Manyullyn Blocks? dunno)

• IHazJaffaz likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

What can it not mine?

I'd assume it cannot mine blocks of Manyullyn, because 'manyullyn' is a higher mining tier, but you'll never run across those naturally. Haven't tested it, though the only things I've had it not able to collect successfully was beehives, which requires a scoop anyway.

• IHazJaffaz likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'd assume it cannot mine blocks of Manyullyn, because 'manyullyn' is a higher mining tier, but you'll never run across those naturally. Haven't tested it, though the only things I've had it not able to collect successfully was beehives, which requires a scoop anyway.

Well, you can mine coal blocks with wooden pickaxes, iron blocks with stone pickaxes and diamond blocks with gold pickaxes.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Well, you can mine coal blocks with wooden pickaxes, iron blocks with stone pickaxes and diamond blocks with gold pickaxes.

I see no reason to assume Tinker's works the same way as vanilla in that respect, especially when the mining level of Alumite, Cobalt and Ardite tools is explicitly "Cobalt", while the mining level of Manyullyn tools is "Manyullyn". If it's not the only thing which can mine manyullyn blocks, then I guess that tier is just there for future expansion of the mod. Time to test!

Edit: Tested, Cobalt can mine blocks of manyullyn. So, I know of nothing it cannot mine (besides unbreakable blocks).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users