Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTB Won't Launch

direwolf techworld 2 crash wont start cpu usage

6 replies to this topic

Slywyn

Slywyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Slywyn
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Okay, soo... I used to play FTB a while ago with no problems, but today I've had nothing but.

First off: I reinstalled FTB, but I discovered I cannot load any texture packs. You click the "install" button, the window flashes, but nothing happens.

Second: Direwolf simply will not start. Minecraft starts, the Mojang screen shows up... and then it hangs there for a while before going back to the launcher.

Third: Techworld 2 actually started, but is unplayable. The screen locks up for no reason for seconds at a time, opening a chest or my inventory results in much longer freezes.

Fourth: when running, Techworld 2 was sometimes using up to 72% of my CPU.

I know I'm supposed to give some logs(I looked at other posts), but can't figure out where to find these logs or what section of them I'm supposed to provide.

Any and all assistance would be most appreciated.

Slywyn

Slywyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

To add: Turning view distance down does make the game SLIGHTLY more playable, but I cannot put enough emphasis on slightly. It goes from several second freezes every few seconds to a second of freeze every 4-5 seconds instead.

I have a pretty powerful graphics card, and Minecraft is not a very graphics intensive game. I can run Skyrim on ultra with 60+ framerate.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

How much RAM do you have allocated to FTB? You can find this in the Options tab of the FTB launcher. The 1.6 packs require at least 2GB, with 3GB recommended. If you can't push the slider past 1GB, you'll need to install 64-bit Java (assuming you're on a 64-bit system).

Slywyn

Slywyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

How much RAM do you have allocated to FTB? You can find this in the Options tab of the FTB launcher. The 1.6 packs require at least 2GB, with 3GB recommended. If you can't push the slider past 1GB, you'll need to install 64-bit Java (assuming you're on a 64-bit system).

Thing is when it starts they're only pushing around 1.8gb of RAM, but they're using 80+% of my CPU.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Thing is when it starts they're only pushing around 1.8gb of RAM, but they're using 80+% of my CPU.

Too much RAM isn't a good idea sometimes. Try changing it to about 4-6GB or something like that...

• timrem likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Slywyn

Slywyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Too much RAM isn't a good idea sometimes. Try changing it to about 4-6GB or something like that...

1gb, 2gb, 3gb, 4gb, 5gb, etc, still runs terrible or just doesn't start at all.

Slywyn

Slywyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Update: For whatever reason(I honestly don't understand), Direwolf decided it was going to work, starts up and runs fine. I've changed 0 settings since last night(I left the GB setting on 2gb of ram because that's what I had tested last, but it didn't work last night).

Techworld also works and runs fine.

I've changed 0 settings, I haven't updated or downloaded anything.

Still can't load texture packs though.

Edit: I can manually install Sphax, but if I try to merge the Direwolf version of Sphax and normal Sphax and then load that, the game crashes back to the launcher with no visible error code in the log.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direwolf, techworld 2, crash, wont start, cpu usage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users