Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Conductive pipes don't work with Power Converters.

pipes power converters

2 replies to this topic

sidrew

sidrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Sidrew
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Hi Folks,

I'm having an issue getting conductive pipes to work with the Power Converters module.  I'm using power converters to convert EU to MJ and if I place the BC machines adjacent to the BC producer they seem to work just fine.  However, if I try to use conductive pipes to send the power from the BC producer to the machines, nothing is transmitted.

I'm somewhat new to these modules, but all of the wiki tutorials I've seen seem to indicate that I'm doing it properly.  I connect a wooden conductive pipe to the BC producer and then connect gold conductive pipes from the wooden conductive pipe into my machines.  Sadly... I never see any MJ flowing.

I'm running FTB Unleashed v1.1.7 ...

Any clues?

Thanks,

Sidrew

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Have you tried it without the wooden conductive pipe? I'm not familiar with Power Converters, but it might be able to output directly into golden conductive pipes. Though, I'd recommend using Redstone Energy Conduits instead, since they won't ever overload or explode.

Edit to add: it could also be that the wooden conductive pipe needs a pulse to draw the power. You could try pointing a redstone engine at it, or using an autarchic gate set to Energy Pulse mode.

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I know that problem too (using FTB Unleashed v1.1.3). I dont have a solution either, my workaround always was to let the BC Producer output into a Redstone Energy Cell.

vu894Pc.png

As i am converting from EU to MJ i have some addtional logic which ensures that the power converter is only connected to the IC energy grid when there is a request for power on the BC side. Otherwise the EnergyBridge would show a constant drain of IC2 power.

Perhaps that might be useful to you.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pipes, power converters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users