Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how to make a dense mining ore wolrd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

snoopdog69

snoopdog69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:snoopdogg46
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I been playing on some servers that have dense mining ore world and i was wonder how to do it for my private server. any help or guide link would be great thanks

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

If you're talking about a Mystcraft Age, you would have to collect the pages (unless you want to cheat in the Creative Notebook), write an appropriate age, and pray for manageable instability. You can get an idea of what symbols you'd want by looking at the Descriptive Book for the mining age on any of the servers you've seen.

Another option would be accessing the Deep Dark, an age with naturally dense ores. You can craft a Portal to the Deep Dark using unstable ingots and a certain form of compressed cobblestone. Or, you could cheat in the portal block. Just be careful to stay in the light, because standing in darkness in the Deep Dark will cause you to take damage.

The Twilight Forest, while not exactly designed as a mining age, does have a common feature called the Hollow Hill which is full of large deposits of vanilla ores. Getting to the Twilight Forest is pretty simple: create a standard 2x2 infinite water source, bordered by dirt or grass blocks. Put flowers on all 12 of the surrounding dirt/grass blocks, then throw a diamond into the water. Just be careful of the lightning strike, and jump in once the portal is active.

• ZL123 and snoopdog69 like this

snoopdog69

snoopdog69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:snoopdogg46

thanks with  the info going to test out the twilight forest first 

jack_name

jack_name

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:jack_SD

I don't have to make it infinite water source u can just place a block of water on the side and it well work fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users