Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Balance of the Monster pack?

No replies to this topic

Xackery

Xackery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Xackery
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I've really been enjoying this mod pack. I've been exploring all sorts of mods with it, primarily the tech ones, learning how things work together and in general loving the feel of the combinations.

There's two mods however I think that well.. ruin the experience for me.

I love rotarycraft. It feels more realistic with the turning gears and the physical movement of each part. The extractor is a nice addition with the 1:7 potential yield (if not more?), but what kills me about this mod is the bedrock system. I was excited at the thought of being able to dig bedrock! (Will I leaves holes in the world??? I wonder how good the stats are? etc). But once I put those pieces of gear on, I felt quickly like I just trivialized the game as 10 skeletons, zombies, and spiders are beating on me and dealing no damage.

Then I stumbled upon Advanced Genetics. I had been struggling before this with an electric jetpack I worked so hard for, and felt I was the bee's knees even if I had to recharge thing every few minutes of use. Once I scraped a large quantity of bats and did the DNA processing, and learned just what I did.. well, I won't spoil this too much, but let's just say this mod has some challenges with pros/cons.

Does the monster pack have a goal of being overall "balanced"?

What do you feel about these two mod's in it's current standing?

Are there other things you feel should be adjusted, and why?

That's all I'm really discussing.

Thanks for your time!

-Xack

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users