Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Energy transfer?

25 replies to this topic

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

So i need to move BC energy about 2000 blocks across the world im on, how might one go about doing so without 2000 energy pipes?

Ive used energy conduits before but ever since the update they changed. Help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I myself would probably convert into rf with power converters and use a tesseract. The easiest way don't know if it's the most efficient though.

• timrem likes this

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Another option would be an AE system set up with a quantum link between the two locations, at which point you could use P2P Tunnels to connect the energy pipes remotely. I wouldn't recommend this if all you're doing is powering a pump or similar, but it would be a decent solution if you have two bases you're trying to run power between.

And if you don't like PowerConverters, I believe Energy Transfer Nodes automatically convert MJ to RF, which could then be used with tesseracts and energy conduits.

• TehRawrz likes this

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

P2P tunnels are nice; however 100eu/t on each side hurts for somebody just starting out. Energy transfer nodes are also nice, but they have limits with how much energy can pass through them until they are upgraded quite a bit with mining and speed upgrades. ~Rawrz

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

All im trying to do is transfer (quite a bit, prob 500mj/tick)ross 2000 blocks to this massive oil field i found. I have 10 pumps i plan to attempt to run and tons of tanks to fill them, from there im planning to put the energy back into my quarry farm to power them, cause the stirling engines just dont cut it. Ive used tesseracts before, but never heard of a p2p. Link?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

They're actually relatively new. I've used them to get power from my nuke age they have no current top out which makes them nice to transfer quad extreme voltage ;) http://ae1.ae-mod.info/P2P-Tunnel/ that's all I really have on them in written down form. ~Rawrz

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

ive alays hated AE for everything else but their chests, the crafting and sorting and stuff is too darn complicated, and delving into that is not worth my tie twhen i can do it just as effectively*and cheaper) with a diamond pipe and logistics pipes, NEway..looks pretty easy, actually. Ill try that, and if it works, ill use it, thanks

-DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

the tesseracts didnt work with straight MJ(duh) and the AE is just so darn complicated, i went on their wiki, and its pretty gross. Im gonna try powerconverters for the Redstone flux idea now.

• TehRawrz likes this

-DiamondDoctor

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

The p2p aren't bad. Quantum bridges on each side then take a memory card and shift click it on your input tunnel then click it on your export tunnels.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

im using the tesseracts now, but the ratio of mj to rf back to mj is soooo bad...

-DiamondDoctor

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

im using the tesseracts now, but the ratio of mj to rf back to mj is soooo bad...

Is it? It should be 1 MJ = 10 RF and vice versa...
  • timrem and TehRawrz like this
--dgelessus (pm · user page · user talk · contribs · bot · fsck · mcf · mcwiki · SHUT UP)

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

ah your right my bad i wasnt paying attention 

-DiamondDoctor

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I find Logistics Pipes more complicated than AE.

(But that's just me.)

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

GTVPO

GTVPO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • IGN:GTVPO
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

I've only ever used AE for high tier storage. NEI and the question mark shift click plus a crafting table that has access to all of your storage, makes for easy crafting without a MAC if that's your problem. Though I do agree, ME chests are sweet!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I love ae for its storage! while expensive, who wouldnt want a 200k stack of cobble lol

-DiamondDoctor

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

heh. only 200k? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/4CQRMyJ.png

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

my server has 4.8 and counting lol 4.8m cobble and 3m dirt. i have like 46 256x256 quarries going

-DiamondDoctor

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Yeah, we voided some cobble because we got to the cap of a deep storage unit :X btw, sakura wood is amazing for biofuel/steam production. It give so many saplings and wood per tree. We have 10 steam boilers running off of one farm of them and then a whole biofuel/ethanol system and have all that left over still. 

• ZL123 likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

sakura wood..hm ill look that up on ze wiki

-DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Gasp! there is no article!

-DiamondDoctor

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users