Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Himea Saito's Actually Helpful Tutorial Series

9 replies to this topic

Himea

Himea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Himea_Saito
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Hello everyone!

I've recently started a YouTube channel dedicated to making tutorial videos to deliver useful and relevant information. ftbwiki.org has been extremely helpful to me in learning the uses of various machines and what they do, but sometimes I need to see something in action to connect the dots. I hope my videos are helpful to you, and the community here, as this website has been for me!

I try to add most of my videos to articles that they are related to, sometimes they are removed (my guess is due to questionable relevance because of how broad some of the videos are), but my goal is to add more information to articles of set-ups and machines that are otherwise difficult to understand.

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

GREAT job! unlike most vids, you took some time to edit it! Im gonna sub and use this! great job bro!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
They are great videos, but they should be put where they belong. That video doesnt belong in dynamo just because you used a dynamo in it. That video is a specific tutorial for the first part and would go there. Then the other part could be put on a wiki page for thermal expansion because it explains the mechanics for it. If somebody is visiting the wiki and going to a specific page theyre looking for concise information on that subject. ~Rawrz
  • ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

Himea

Himea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks for the feedback TehRawrz, maybe over the summer when I have some free time I'll do some mod-specific videos! For the mean-time, here's my next one on quarries and tesseracts:

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I actually really like this one because the other minority subject still pertains to quarries and how to power them while moving their products back to base from a distance away :)

• Himea likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Tesseracts are a quarrys best friend.

• TehRawrz likes this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Ok, I can't get past the ingredient list. :rolleyes:

Himea

Himea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ok, I can't get past the ingredient list.  :rolleyes:

I've been asked to include the materials list in the description under each video, when I get a chance I'll add those. Hope that makes it a bit easier to follow.  :P

Do you think it would be better to just include a materials list below and not spend the time covering them in the video?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I've been asked to include the materials list in the description under each video, when I get a chance I'll add those. Hope that makes it a bit easier to follow.  :P
Do you think it would be better to just include a materials list below and not spend the time covering them in the video?

Definitely. Three times definitely.
  • DiamondDoctor and TehRawrz like this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Himea

Himea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Just published my newest video on Forestry Beekeeping. It was a lot easier to just do the materials in the video description  :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users