Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First Look

Unstable thoughts

36 replies to this topic

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I've played very briefly with the Unstable pack, just to get a feel for it. It's nice to see so many mods already (mostly) functional for the next major version. I made a small house, got started with some Tinkers' tools... and then wasn't sure where to go. I wasn't planning on doing anything grand, since the pack is still in alpha, but it's difficult to do anything at all because NEI isn't ready yet. I'll probably give it another go once I can have recipes at my fingertips.

Has anyone else tested out Unstable yet?

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
Yeah, I did take a short look. The biggest differences I noticed were in Tinkers' Contruct - the former Crafting Station can now also be used to modify tools like with a Tool Station, and there are now three levels of heart canisters, quite expensive but wohoo! And yeah, NEI is missing. Cmon ChickenBones.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
I hadn't really planned on playing it. Seemed to be missing too much for my liking. I'll wait for more mods ~Rawrz

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

no nei1 ea, waiting for upDATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

If you look at the official changelog page it lists versions 1.0.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.3. Where did 1.0.2 go? Typo? There is a 1.0.2 on the launcher. Oh and now that it does have NEI, looks like it's download time. ;)

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

If you look at the official changelog page it lists versions 1.0.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.3. Where did 1.0.2 go? Typo? There is a 1.0.2 on the launcher. Oh and now that it does have NEI, looks like it's download time. ;)

It does? Sweeeeet! Lets play!

WORKS GREAT! Wow, for being unstable its pretty stable.

• Aezex and Alpha2244 like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

It does? Sweeeeet! Lets play!

I would, but... Agrarian Skies is calling me...

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
It is sooo addicting..

-DiamondDoctor

jmar814

jmar814

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:jmar814

I just tried agrarian skies for the first time and it is probably the most fun I have had in minecraft in a loooooong time.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Ok, so it's been a few months. How is the pack treating everyone? I have been playing a little, but I think a few of you might have done much more. How has it gone?

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Yeah, I did take a short look. The biggest differences I noticed were in Tinkers' Contruct - the former Crafting Station can now also be used to modify tools like with a Tool Station, and there are now three levels of heart canisters, quite expensive but wohoo! And yeah, NEI is missing. Cmon ChickenBones.

Tinker's Construct has a LOT more than just that... @-@

I would, but... Agrarian Skies is calling me...

OMFG that is too fun. I can't stop playing it...

https://www.youtube....YpNOsAnG7MwdCTl
  • DiamondDoctor likes this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
That post was three months ago, and yes, of course TCon has more than that, I was talking about differences. As far as I was able to tell there weren't any other new features in the mod. They did recently add creative tool modifiers, which allow you to add another modifier slot to any tool.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

That post was three months ago, and yes, of course TCon has more than that, I was talking about differences. As far as I was able to tell there weren't any other new features in the mod. They did recently add creative tool modifiers, which allow you to add another modifier slot to any tool.

Are you talking past or are you still unable to tell about the new features?
player.me/felinoel

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
As far as I'm aware there are no exciting new features in 1.7 TCon, so no. If there is anything I missed, feel free to tell me.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

As far as I'm aware there are no exciting new features in 1.7 TCon, so no. If there is anything I missed, feel free to tell me.

Exo Armor! :)

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

Oh, is it actually working now? That was in the game since forever, but never worked properly and just gave you a few static buffs.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

That's in Agrarian Skies, in 1.6. The upgrade system isn't really documented, but it does exist.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

http://ftbwiki.org/E...ers'_Construct)

It's documented as much as needed. It works exactly like the tinkers tools with the upgrading system.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

and a second smeltery for steel!
player.me/felinoel

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

That's Tinkers' Steelworks -.-

• ZL123, DiamondDoctor, Aezex and 1 other like this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unstable, thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic