Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best way to farm?

55 replies to this topic

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Quantum Helm doesn't take energy to feed you. There's only one kind of filled can for IC2. It does 2 food haunches so I just keep a stack on me and have them autocrafted. The autofeeder takes a few rf per feed. Nothing that can't be made up with its internal generators

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster
Your sure it doesnt use ANY energy?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

AFAIK it doesn't. Either that or a minuscule amount. I always have a solar panel in the helmet anyways.

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Who is right...?! I need to know!
ugh

Well, i guess everyone is right, partially. There is kind of a sweet spot for each food where it unfolds its full potential.

For example "steak":

(hunger) restoration value: 8;

saturation value: 12.8;

- If you eat it being above 12 hunger points, you lose restoration points.

- If you eat it being below 5 hunger points, you lose saturation points.

Assuming you experienced a decrease of your hunger bar directly before, that means saturation=0 (or in general should your hunger be 4.8 points greater than you saturation for full effectiveness). 5 (not 4.8) because i suppose hunger is only measured with an integer (in contrast to saturation).

So when is the worst time to eat it?

At 19 hunger, 0 saturation (the first time you could possibly eat after a period of being well fed):

You get 1 restoration + 12.8 saturation = 13.8 effective quality

At 0 hunger, 0 saturation (implied through 0 hunger):

You get 8 restoration + 8 saturation = 16 effective quality.

So it's still worse to eat it when nearly full than when starving, but these are just the extreme cases and doubtfully informative.

I think as a rule of thumb one can derive that there are foods that can be eaten for full effectiveness just judging from whether they "fit into your empty haunches": thats all unprocessed food and sweets. And for the rest you're good when above 5 hunger points (2 and a half haunches). I don't suppose anyone here predominantly feeds on gold ;)

Well, I found that info about saturation actually quite surprising. I thought that it would have some minor effect, not that it is totally of equal value to hunger/restoration and probably just lesser known because it's invisible.

Now good that we've cleared that up, in face of the constant lurking danger of starving to death in our poor ftb worlds. ;)

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
I don't like PowerSuit AutoFeeders.

"Oh yes, I've been wanting to make this golden apple for ages! Let's just go get an apple...

...where the hell did my apple go?!"

• DiamondDoctor and TehRawrz like this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

why would you keep a golden apple in your inventory? XD

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
Some recipes need food items, y'know.
You might also need to feed pigs, or harvest stuff from trees, or give it to your neighbour...

You would also keep a golden apple in your inventory so you can eat it when times get rough.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Yes. I like the apples, but they are rare. The fruit picker picks apples, right? or is it just cocoa beans?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Yes. I like the apples, but they are rare. The fruit picker picks apples, right? or is it just cocoa beans?

Harvesters already harvest apples with the wood afaik. Fruit Picker doesn't i suppose. But Forestry Orchards would probably do (without the wood).

• TehRawrz likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

hm. i want to create a mod that simply adds a item you place on a tree, and when done so, starts spawning apples/wood/leaves/rubber at the cost of energy, whether it be ic2, etc. the more at a time costs more eu, but i havent used eclipse in ages.

• Aezex likes this

-DiamondDoctor

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

hm. i want to create a mod that simply adds a item you place on a tree, and when done so, starts spawning apples/wood/leaves/rubber at the cost of energy, whether it be ic2, etc. the more at a time costs more eu, but i havent used eclipse in ages.

That sounds weird.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

That sounds weird.

Well, its like ichuns grinder, but with plants and trees, etc. for example, the block would require energy, and after a certain amount of time, and energy, it would output a seed, wheat, wood, etc. 

-DiamondDoctor

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Well, its like ichuns grinder, but with plants and trees, etc. for example, the block would require energy, and after a certain amount of time, and energy, it would output a seed, wheat, wood, etc. 

That's still weird. Attachable Grinder seems really weird too.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Well..YOUR TOO NORMAL!
*sobs*

-DiamondDoctor

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Well..YOUR TOO NORMAL!
*sobs*

I don't have 'TOO NORMAL!
*sobs*'.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I don't have 'TOO NORMAL!
*sobs*'.

Go eat a dringle.

• TehRawrz likes this

-DiamondDoctor

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users