Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTB Monster stops after loading

5 replies to this topic

Exoplanet

Exoplanet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:edwin119988
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hello,

I have been trying to fix this problem for a long time but can't seem to find an answer to it.

When I start my monster it starts loading and suddenly it stops and closes.

This is my crash report

Spoiler

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3072M -XX:PermSize=256m -Xmx512M

Java is only getting 512MB RAM because of the forth flag, even though you have about 3GB selected via the launcher. This is at least the third time I've seen this problem; the advice I've given before is to check the "additional java parameters" under 'options' in the FTB launcher, but no one has mentioned if this is actually the issue. if you see -Xmx512M in 'additional java parameters', remove it.

• DiamondDoctor and TehRawrz like this

Exoplanet

Exoplanet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Its empty there. :(

Thanks for replying tho :)

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Hmm, then I'm not sure what would be adding that :/

Try selecting the 'Force Update' option and launching Monster again. If you still get the error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space", try changing the installation folder for FTB.

Exoplanet

Exoplanet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Doesnt seem to work either I get the problem: Couldn't load the assets. when trying to install it in a different folder

Exoplanet

Exoplanet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yea I still keep getting the same problem when I download it somewhere else and it seems that my java hates me. I used to have 32bit java installed and maybe I uninstalled it incorrect. Could that be an issue?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users