Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advanced Lasers, Ram Usage, Radio

14 replies to this topic

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • IGN:JavenLatte
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

When setting an advanced laser, even without power, the server instantly crashes. The log file shows a tick loop. We had to go to the latest backup which was thankfully right before the advanced laser was set (great timing on auto backup).

We have been getting high ram usage which we thought was due to the host. We backed up, then reset the world, with nothing built, the spawn chunks loaded. Two of us logged on, just loading a few chunks, ram jumped up to 99% usage. The host suggested we try a different modpack. With a different mod pack loaded, ram and cpu usage stayed real low. This is with the Direwolf20 1.0.20 pack.

The host had us install a different jre that is supposed to be better for cpu usage. It did help but it caused the radio to come back with unknown when you turn it on.

We are running Sync 2.2.1 instead of the default

We are also running:

[Forge]FurnitureModv3.2.9.1(1.6.4)

autoutils 1.0.1

chisel 1.5.0

food plus 2.7-PRE

hydraulicraft 1.0.4-65

QuarryPlus 1.5.5.3

random things 1.8.9 [MC 1.6.4]

statues 2.1.1

traincraft 4.1.4_024

I read that the update to Hydraulicraft, as of build 67 the ID's changed so I'm wondering if that will solve it. I will probably try that on a local test server.

I am thinking I should check in creative mode on local server, spawn in an advanced laser, see if server crashes. I realize QuarryPlus has been taken over and continued by a different mod auther. I'll contact them as soon as I have more info.

My main concern is the ram usage with .20 on a new world. I see there is a .21 out now, no changelog on it yet though.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

you have so many mods! of course its using more ram. more mods=more ram=more room for errors. Do you use EVERY SINGLE mod on a NORMAL basis? If not, mods should be removed, especially if you mainly play serverside. As for the crash, i dunno. Never used DW20 much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

you have so many mods! of course its using more ram. more mods=more ram=more room for errors. Do you use EVERY SINGLE mod on a NORMAL basis? If not, mods should be removed, especially if you mainly play serverside. As for the crash, i dunno. Never used DW20 much.

We have thought about that and are looking at what we use and do not use. Also I think maybe the different biomes that are enabled may be affecting it as well.

I was told that after a couple hours with a different mod pack we had the same problems. We are running on the recommended 3 GB of ram and dual cores. The host does not have specs of their machines available.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

They wont tell you the server specs? well, you could be getting bad connection because theyre overloaded, too. you need to have the same amount of mods as the server does, no less. more is find, you wont be abe to use them if they are not on the server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Can you post the crash log when you place down the laser?

--dgelessus (pm · user page · user talk · contribs · bot · fsck · mcf · mcwiki · SHUT UP)

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Can you post the crash log when you place down the laser?

Spoiler

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Put as a spoiler so it doesn't clog the thread, that is the crash log for Advanced Lasers. That was on a new world with very minimal items down.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
It seems that the mod can't find one of BuildCraft's classes. What version of BuildCraft do you use, and do you have parts of it disabled?
  • ZL123 likes this
--dgelessus (pm · user page · user talk · contribs · bot · fsck · mcf · mcwiki · SHUT UP)

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'll have to look, and also realized we were not using the newer quarryplus by the new developer.

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Advanced lasers are working on the newest download available by denoflionsx http://www.denoflion...mods/quarryplus

Not a lot of documentation on QuarryPlus even on the wiki. Would be nice to know the difference in performance between lasers and advanced lasers, things like that. I do appreciate the mod though. Hopefully pipes no longer blow up with the efficiency and fortune enchantments on it.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Advanced lasers are working on the newest download available by denoflionsx http://www.denoflion...mods/quarryplus

Not a lot of documentation on QuarryPlus even on the wiki. Would be nice to know the difference in performance between lasers and advanced lasers, things like that. I do appreciate the mod though. Hopefully pipes no longer blow up with the efficiency and fortune enchantments on it.

The documentation?

-DiamondDoctor

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It's all fine and dandy that you said this, but you fail to recognize he quit supporting this mod and it was taken over by another developer. I could say you did not read the whole thread and just commented, but then I could be overlooking something such as you overlooked the fact I was talking about documentation from the new developer who took over.

Maybe be a little more constructive in your response?

Or is it that a lot of times people haven't done research before coming and posting? Well it is not the case in this instance.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

It's all fine and dandy that you said this, but you fail to recognize he quit supporting this mod and it was taken over by another developer. I could say you did not read the whole thread and just commented, but then I could be overlooking something such as you overlooked the fact I was talking about documentation from the new developer who took over.

Maybe be a little more constructive in your response?

Or is it that a lot of times people haven't done research before coming and posting? Well it is not the case in this instance.

Calm down. That info is as close as you're gonna get. You wanted info on the laser correct? So there ya go. Sorry you don't appreciate the help. ;)

Enjoy your day.

• TehRawrz likes this

-DiamondDoctor

javve03

javve03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Calm down. That info is as close as you're gonna get. You wanted info on the laser correct? So there ya go. Sorry you don't appreciate the help. ;)

Enjoy your day.

I do appreciate the help. I've just seen it a lot where someone responds without reading the whole post. Maybe sometime in the future the new developer will update some stuff :)

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I do appreciate the help. I've just seen it a lot where someone responds without reading the whole post. Maybe sometime in the future the new developer will update some stuff :)

Give him some time. He will, im sure. 

-DiamondDoctor

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users