Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random question of the week! This week: Builds!

11 replies to this topic

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

What's the biggest/coolest/most important/complex thing you have ever created? How long did it take? What would you have done different? What could you have done to make it shorter? How many blocks was it? Link screenshots, my good friends!

Mine is my 256x256x256 filler built rectangle building of death. Has 46 missle silos, 20 full size steam boilers, a AE system, 2 nuclear reactors, a generator room, solar panels, hydroelectric plant(My own, private addon for ic2) and a world eater. (256x256 quarry when completed packs itself up(turtles) and moves forward. 

Took me 20 min to build on creative. lol. but as for the electronics and stuffs, i built the house with a filler and did the rest legit. I got one quarry, 4 marker pluses, and a steam dynamo. off we went.Made the house smaller. its wayyy too big. Lol. like, 16000ish? lots of space, though. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I can't say I've made anything complicated with a footprint larger than 1 chunk. Probably my most useful creation was a 16x16 room for power generation. I built it in an eternal day + no weather age. It had something like 36 HV solars, along with 9 energy tesseracts and maybe 144 electrical engines? I'm probably misremembering the numbers, this was on my old direwolf20 1.4.7 server. All done legit though, since I had an always-on frame machine mining well setup chewing through terrain.

I was also fond of the EMC generator I made when I played the FTB Pyramid map. Something like 32 Rotary Macerators turning blaze rods into powder, only for alchemical chests to turn that back into blaze rods. Once the macerators hit 100% speed, the EMC was pouring in. By the end of that map, I was decorating the place with Red Matter Blocks. (For those who may not know: a blaze rod has an EMC value equal to 2 blaze powder, but a blaze rod can be macerated into 5 blaze powder for 150% gain in EMC)

Finally, I put together a 16x16x16 Applied Energistics auto-crafting molecular assembly chamber thing (again legit, same server as the power room). Very expensive, and totally useless since once the final block was placed, it crashed anyone's client who got near it.

• DiamondDoctor likes this

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz

I'll post pictures of my Ag skies world later :3 Honestly the most time I've ever spent in a single player world. I love it and it's so much fun to have built in motivation. The biggest project I've ever done is in there. Auto sifting gravel, Sand, and dust to get tons of resources then all ores go to their own smelteries (9 of them) and all the ores are inputted into AE system.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It's a vanilla hostile mob farm that wasn't very efficient.

Spoiler

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

rawveggie

rawveggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've built a lot of machines in Tekkit Lite and FTB Monster. Probably the biggest thing I have built, to date, was a legit iron golem farm (version 1, the one that is just two layers tall, not the version 2 monstrosity). I learned a lot about certain core game mechanics so that was really cool.

I usually get distracted from one world to the next and so don't get to epic level creations. Well, at least not yet.  ;)

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

My auto processing facility :) 

http://imgur.com/51dZW0m,aOzvhsA

http://imgur.com/51dZW0m,aOzvhsA#1

• Aezex likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

My god..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

My god..

Yeah; It's a lot, but It passively generates all of the resources. It actually got a bit more complicated because the buffer chest was filling up too much so I had to route items better. I have another system i'm working on to get me infinite nether quartz :3 I LOVE SKYBLOCK <3 

hannoman

hannoman

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Yeah; It's a lot, but It passively generates all of the resources. It actually got a bit more complicated because the buffer chest was filling up too much so I had to route items better. I have another system i'm working on to get me infinite nether quartz :3 I LOVE SKYBLOCK <3 

Where do the ressources/ores originate from?

As for my big builds, they mostly reside still in my head and not yet in my worlds. ;)

But I'm still really fond of my first trip to the nether in my current world. It happened that the portal in the nether would spawn below the lava ocean, as it was relatively early game i were not capable of much, but i managed to "dig" my way through with some ladders and pistons. :)

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Where do the ressources/ores originate from?

This nifty new skyblock mod Ex Nihilo offers a way to get resources on the skyblock maps starting with one dirt and one tree it progresses. Actually quite a cool mod. Sifting (right clicking a lot onto a sieve) gravel, sand, dust, stone, and soul sand give you different chances to get resources. Later on in the game this can be automated by any of the auto clicker blocks. I usually use autonomous activators because they're easily stackable to speed up the process. 

• ZL123 likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

This nifty new skyblock mod Ex Nihilo offers a way to get resources on the skyblock maps starting with one dirt and one tree it progresses. Actually quite a cool mod. Sifting (right clicking a lot onto a sieve) gravel, sand, dust, stone, and soul sand give you different chances to get resources. Later on in the game this can be automated by any of the auto clicker blocks. I usually use autonomous activators because they're easily stackable to speed up the process. 

Yup. Ex Nihilo is also in Agrarian Skies. First heard of it from Pahimar playing it with Direwolf.

• TehRawrz likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Dandeman

Dandeman

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • IGN:danieljsmith
Probably my tower in normal minecraft that was built under an amplified ledge, and it climbs to the top of the ledge where there's a toggleable XP or item farm. Sorry, no pics, I lost the save file, and I'm not sure where the backup is

"I'm Batman"
-Batman

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users