Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

choppy

10 replies to this topic

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • IGN:bobbypie67890
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

So in direwolf 20 i get high fps (80-150)  but when i run or walk it feels sluggish   im on the recommended version and have allocated 3 and 4gb of ram

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

What kind of graphics card do you use, and how much graphics RAM does it have? Is is a fairly new or somewhat older one?

You could try changing a few of the MC graphics settings. Check that Advanced OpenGL is on, set the Performance setting to Balanced and try enabling or disabling VSync. Also check if there are any updates for your graphics drivers.

If that all doesn't help, you can switch to Fast graphics in the options. That will mainly make leaves solid blocks instead of transparent, which helps especially if you are in areas with many trees, such as jungles or forests.

By the way, it should be enough if you have about 60 FPS, most monitors can only display up to 60 FPS anyway.

--dgelessus (pm · user page · user talk · contribs · bot · fsck · mcf · mcwiki · SHUT UP)

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

What kind of graphics card do you use, and how much graphics RAM does it have? Is is a fairly new or somewhat older one?

You could try changing a few of the MC graphics settings. Check that Advanced OpenGL is on, set the Performance setting to Balanced and try enabling or disabling VSync. Also check if there are any updates for your graphics drivers.

If that all doesn't help, you can switch to Fast graphics in the options. That will mainly make leaves solid blocks instead of transparent, which helps especially if you are in areas with many trees, such as jungles or forests.

By the way, it should be enough if you have about 60 FPS, most monitors can only display up to 60 FPS anyway.

i have 7870 with 2gb of ram    but it feels choppy even tho i have sufficient frames

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

do u have any other solutions?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

"Feels choppy" isn't much to go off of when trying to offer help. Is it like "kurt walking to the far lands" jitters from floating-point errors? Is it "terrain is generating so things are slow" lag? Does it happen in both singleplayer and when you connect to a server run on a different computer? If you open task manager while playing, is your CPU usage at 100%? If you normally play Fullscreen, have you tried Windowed? Are you accustomed to wearing speed-boosting armour and just feel slow because you've started a new world? Does the FTB console show anything that seems unusual?

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

"Feels choppy" isn't much to go off of when trying to offer help. Is it like "kurt walking to the far lands" jitters from floating-point errors? Is it "terrain is generating so things are slow" lag? Does it happen in both singleplayer and when you connect to a server run on a different computer? If you open task manager while playing, is your CPU usage at 100%? If you normally play Fullscreen, have you tried Windowed? Are you accustomed to wearing speed-boosting armour and just feel slow because you've started a new world? Does the FTB console show anything that seems unusual?

This guy is right.. maybe you have a virus stealing all your processing speed. try setting the priority to above normal, or high in the details tab of task manager. 

Also, you may just have your graphics settings on far render distance, or fancy graphics. Its stated above, disable those. And add optifine, pretty sure you wont have any conflicts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

no theres nothing unusual    and ive tried like everything

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

no theres nothing unusual    and ive tried like everything

In that case we can't help you. Try doing more than 'like everything'.

Sorry for the harshness, but we need more details than that. Try answering each of timrem's questions above. Maybe that'll give us more of a clue.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

In that case we can't help you. Try doing more than 'like everything'.

Sorry for the harshness, but we need more details than that. Try answering each of timrem's questions above. Maybe that'll give us more of a clue.

the only thing that ive found to help is disabling terrain animation     but i didnt have to do that before when i used to play the modpack

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

the only thing that ive found to help is disabling terrain animation     but i didnt have to do that before when i used to play the modpack

You still didnt answer the questions. Maybe if you provided more info, we could help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

bobbypie67890

bobbypie67890

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

You still didnt answer the questions. Maybe if you provided more info, we could help.

dude with all respect   i said none of those worked and it happens in single play    so i did answer the question

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users