Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Best Answer dgelessus , 03 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Try copying over the mods' config files as well, that will most likely work. If not, do what it says and change the mods' IDs to be in the listed free ranges.

Go to the full post »

29 replies to this topic

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

I'm pretty confident they won't do that. One of the main reasons modpacks use older versions of mods is that the FTB team can't keep up with testing every update of every mod in every pack for compatibility with every other mod. Introducing a way for the user to automatically update individual mods in a pack would circumvent their regiment of stability tests, and generate oh so many tech support requests. Also, standardized modpacks are what make it so easy for FTB clients to connect to servers.

If you do want to update just one mod, it's quicker to find the mod online and download it individually rather than find a pack and download that whole thing.

Oh so itll be possible in the future to have, like, a 500 mod pack?

What about names? Like copper form IC2 and TE?

Yes. They'll have separate names so they can exist together. 

It seems the future of modpacks is a topic with many conflicting opinions. I just hope stuff works better in the future! :P

Oh, and because I got everything working, Direwolf20 UPDATED! Now I need to fix more stuffs... :wacko:

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

It seems the future of modpacks is a topic with many conflicting opinions. I just hope stuff works better in the future! :P

Oh, and because I got everything working, Direwolf20 UPDATED! Now I need to fix more stuffs... :wacko:

Oh my.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

People are used to already having a premade pack. As I hear FTB is going to do modular style packs based around each theme.(Tech, Magic, Farming, etc.) You can add as many or as little of them to your instance as you would like. Mod authors felt discluded from certain packs, but in reality they were just setting up the base pack that the modules could be added to.

• Aezex likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

People are used to already having a premade pack. As I hear FTB is going to do modular style packs based around each theme.(Tech, Magic, Farming, etc.) You can add as many or as little of them to your instance as you would like. Mod authors felt discluded from certain packs, but in reality they were just setting up the base pack that the modules could be added to.

Yea, id like that. But what if someone likes Tech AND Magic? Makes sense, but very little gray area. And if these was, say, a universal modpack, with a little of everything, i would use that.

• Aezex and Alpha2244 like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Yea, id like that. But what if someone likes Tech AND Magic? Makes sense, but very little gray area. And if these was, say, a universal modpack, with a little of everything, i would use that.

I agree, I like a wide variety of mods genres. That's why I play Direwolf20, because it had a good balance of mods in it.

• timrem likes this

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Well the base back is RF based tech, so if you liked tech and magic you could possibly add the IC2 and magic modules.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Well the base back is RF based tech, so if you liked tech and magic you could possibly add the IC2 and magic modules.

Why the heck are they switching to RF? IC2 is cool, too!

-DiamondDoctor

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Why the heck are they switching to RF? IC2 is cool, too!

More and more mods are adding support for RF ever since it came out. IC2 is becoming notorious for not supporting it, so they might be giving it a bit of a boot from it's old position as the main tech mod. It's a bit sad, because it does have a lot of good progression, but RF is becoming THE THING everybody uses: and since RF isn't compatible with IC2, people are forced to decide which one to use. RF won. If they do remove it though, I'll jusr re-add it. (Gotta get that UU-Matter!)

• ZL123 likes this

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

They aren't kicking IC2 out it's just not going to be in the main pack. It's not as user friendly to be honest. Modular is the way of the future!

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I always hoped they would go towards making things modular. Hopefully they will be making modpack editing easier too.

• ZL123 and DiamondDoctor like this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ID, Conflicts, direwolf20, transfer, ex nihilo, qcraft, ic2 nuclear control, extra utilities, twilight forest, universal config

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users