Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Applied Energistics requesting system help please

Applied energistics Requesting system System

1 reply to this topic

Scruby1

Scruby1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Scrubs_Awesome
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

So I want to create a system where the user request something from the terminal and puts items into a chest and the required items are taken out...

I understand I can do this kind of thing with an import bus but I would like a way (if possible) to leave the not required items in the chest.

For example:

-User puts in 5 iron and 3 redstone.

-Then requests a bucket,

-the system will take 3 iron and leave the rest

-when its done it will put the bucket back into the same chest

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Put a Storage Bus against the chest rather than an Import Bus, and set it to "Import Only". This lets the AE system to access the inventory of the chest, but prevents it from filling the chest with other items. Only items it uses will be removed from the chest.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Applied energistics, Requesting system, System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users