Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recipies not working

6 replies to this topic

onwijsbegeerte

onwijsbegeerte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Have a weird issue about something, the past few day's. Can't figure out what exactly is causing the problem. Pehaps somebody else has run into this aswell.

Some of the recipies of this pack are just not working, For example. can't get the recipies to work to make microblocks (Forge microblocks). The problems begins and ends with the fact i can't seem to construct the handsaws needed to make those blocks.

Other problem is that i can't seem to figure out why the recipe for the (tekkit) filler is not working at all. Am i overlooking something?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Firstly: nothing in the pack is from "tekkit". I assume you're talking about the Filler from Buildcraft (which might also appear in Tekkit, but calling it a "tekkit filler" is just wrong).

I did some testing in the current Recommended Direwolf20 pack, version 1.0.23. The recipes for all the Microblocks saws worked perfectly (2 sticks, 3 stone tool rods, and either a flint, iron, or diamond). Same for the Buildcraft Filler.

If you're running a different version of the pack, please say so. Otherwise, if you're still having trouble, please provide screenshots of the crafting GUI as you try to make the items (in the default texture pack).

onwijsbegeerte

onwijsbegeerte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

First of all, thank you for you reply, i really appreciate it 

the version i'm running is Direwolf20 v1.0.23 // Minecraft 1.6.4

I also made some screenshots of the recipes i followed, perhaps thats usefull for you. Looking at it, the only thing i can imagine that is interfering is the fact i used different kind of sticks, although i tried a few different ones.

2014-06-24_22.24.54.png 2014-06-24_22.24.29.png 2014-06-24_22.13.32.png 2014-06-24_22.07.25.png 2014-06-24_22.10.41.png

onwijsbegeerte

onwijsbegeerte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

First of all, thank you for you reply, i really appreciate it 

the version i'm running is Direwolf20 v1.0.23 // Minecraft 1.6.4

I also made some screenshots of the recipes i followed, perhaps thats usefull for you. Looking at it, the only thing i can imagine that is interfering is the fact i used different kind of sticks, although i tried a few different ones.

attachicon.gif2014-06-24_22.24.54.pngattachicon.gif2014-06-24_22.24.29.pngattachicon.gif2014-06-24_22.13.32.pngattachicon.gif2014-06-24_22.07.25.pngattachicon.gif2014-06-24_22.10.41.png

****, i really feel stupid, the 4th kind of stick actually worked. But that still doesn't explain why the filler isn't working. Could that also be a wood issue? because my workbench say's it's natura, not minecraft in the tooltip. 

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Exactly, you need to make the crafting table out of one of the normal Minecraft woods (oak, birch, spruce or jungle), same goes for sticks. Most mods support using any kind of wood/stick/crafting table, but some don't. You're usually best off using normal oak wood, that way you can be sure that all mods will recognize it.

onwijsbegeerte

onwijsbegeerte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Exactly, you need to make the crafting table out of one of the normal Minecraft woods (oak, birch, spruce or jungle), same goes for sticks. Most mods support using any kind of wood/stick/crafting table, but some don't. You're usually best off using normal oak wood, that way you can be sure that all mods will recognize it.

You are totally right, i tried to use a craftingtable that was made with natura wood, instead of minecraft wood. Feel stupid, but thanks for your help!

master minecraft

master minecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:master minecraft
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

yeh use a crafting table from minecraft not any other mods i have had this problem a few times it took me ages to realise what the problem was

whilst im here there is a new game out with not to many players so im trying to get more people playing it if you want to try it copy this link -snip-

Edited by dgelessus, 01 July 2014 - 04:38 PM.
Removed unrelated link, things like those go under Offtopic

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users