Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transporting fluid over long ranges

- - - - -

5 replies to this topic

Greylock

Greylock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:GreylockDS
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Is there a upper limit to Waterproof cobblestone pipes in transporting liquid over long distances?

To explain myself a bit more I have rolled a single player FTB monster game, The landscape generated basically a large island chain which has been quite fun to play in , Each of the islands has one of two geysers of oil located on them or just off shore of them.

I am curious if there is any reason why a above ground pipeline that pumps the oil via the pump used to withdrawal the oil from the ground via a few redstone engines to a central source .  The first geyser I plan on tapping other than the one that my base is centered on is about 180 M away. Followed up by more that are around 300 on later projects.

I have seen people using Trains with fluid carts for things like this , and I have even done it once before . But I am curious if there is any disadvantages of just going pipeline wise. 

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

You'll need to chunkload the entire pipeline. Other than that, it should work, though it would be slow. I believe fluiducts would be more efficient, though just throwing some golden waterproof pipes into the mix instead would help.

Greylock

Greylock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I thought chunk loaders were only necessary on servers not single player games . I may have to look up how to work them i am sure Youtube has something on the subject. 

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Since 1.3, there's been no real difference between the function of singleplayer and multiplayer worlds, with the exception that multiplayer worlds can run with no one playing. If you'll always be close to your setup (within about 10 chunks), the chunkloaders are not necessary since your presence will cause the chunks to load. If you ever leave that area, either by exploring, going into the Nether, etc, your pumps and pipeline will stop working unless you have them chunkloaded.

• ZL123 likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Could you not use a Liquid Tesseract or an Ender Tank? Just a thought.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Greylock

Greylock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for the tips i am relativity new to mindcraft and ftb so I am again learning as i go with monster . Its been quite amusing to me .

@ZL123 i am sure i could use those , but i only have achieved 3 ender pearls so far in this world , and i am sure i need much more . I am playing in survival mode and gathering all of the resources the hard way. So far i only have one power generator a Semifluid one that is powering my Work stations. and about 1.6 million milibuckets of oil in a Iron tank to power it .. I want to go all embridge and have it all . 

• ZL123 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users