Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quarry Disappearing

4 replies to this topic

K-9 Nina

K-9 Nina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:MichaelD
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I am playing Feed The Beast  mod pack. I built the regular quarry, not the quarry plus. I placed all 4 markers at the end of each blue line, then right clicked the square to make it turn red. I placed the quarry in the corner, connected power to it, it turned on and I show the black /yellow frame that starts clearing the quarry site with the the robot. After a few minutes of running the quarry just disappears like it was never there. There is no game crash that happens when it does this.

Has this happened to anyone else or any idea what might be causing it to disappear ?  

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

First guess: Did you place the quarry on the red line? If so, it destroyed itself while clearing out the frame. You have to place it next to a marker, but not on the line.

If that's not it, some other questions: Did you stand around and watch, or did you go off and do other things? What dimension is the quarry in? Did it get to the point of building the frame, or did it not finished clearing the land when it disappeared?

K-9 Nina

K-9 Nina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The quarry is a 64x64 size, and it was placed next to the marker. When I placed the quarry it kept the 64x64 size and did not change back to the small square you get if you do not place it in the right location. No I did not stand around and watch it, I went off to do other things. I came back to check on it about 10-15 minutes later and it was working fine. It had already cleared out the area, built the frame and started mining. When I came back the second time to see how it was doing about 30 minutes later, the entire orange frame and the quarry machine where gone. 

First guess: Did you place the quarry on the red line? If so, it destroyed itself while clearing out the frame. You have to place it next to a marker, but not on the line.

If that's not it, some other questions: Did you stand around and watch, or did you go off and do other things? What dimension is the quarry in? Did it get to the point of building the frame, or did it not finished clearing the land when it disappeared?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Was anything else missing? I've seen several reports of quarries in the Twilight Forest causing chunks to reset, but not a quarry just vanishing. As far as I know, they can't explode like IC2 machines. Was there anything interesting in the quarry hole at the place where it stopped?

Even though there's no crash, there could still be a notice in the console that you missed. If you know the date this happened and the approximate time, it could really help to see "output-client.log" in you Monster folder for around that time.

K-9 Nina

K-9 Nina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

No there was nothing else missing, just the quarry and the frame. It didn't look like it exploded there was no hole and the power wire and the transport pipe was still in place. I'm not sure what might have been in the quarry, it had only went down maybe 2-3 layers. I don't remember when it happened or I would try to find the log for you to look at so maybe you can see what happen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users