Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why doesn't my pulverizer pulverize ore gravel?

10 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
It seems only aluminum ore gravel is pulverizing, is this not supposed to happen? I want to automate my ore production...

https://www.youtube....YpNOsAnG7MwdCTl
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Ex Nihilo (possibly only in Agrarian Skies) is a bit inconsistent with how the various ores are treated. If I recall correctly, Aluminum Ore Gravel is the one block that would not work in my smeltery (after a certain update). I would recommend automating ores by setting up a few smelteries, since lava is free* and you can process the broken aluminum, etc, directly without making it into ore gravels. Have you tried pulverizing Ore Dusts? Because I think those are certainly supposed to be oreDict equal to worldgen ores.

*Cobble is free, crucibles only need cobble and can easily be automated, so lava is free.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Ex Nihilo (possibly only in Agrarian Skies) is a bit inconsistent with how the various ores are treated. If I recall correctly, Aluminum Ore Gravel is the one block that would not work in my smeltery (after a certain update). I would recommend automating ores by setting up a few smelteries, since lava is free* and you can process the broken aluminum, etc, directly without making it into ore gravels. Have you tried pulverizing Ore Dusts? Because I think those are certainly supposed to be oreDict equal to worldgen ores.

*Cobble is free, crucibles only need cobble and can easily be automated, so lava is free.

But... if you pulverize ore gravel you can get four to seven pieces to make the one below that which if you pulverize that you can get four to seven piece to make the one below that and with one ore gravel you can make into two ore dust.

Why would I just put the ore gravel into the smeltery without processing it like that first?
player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Oh, did they add that as a pulverizer recipe? Back when I had limited resources, that processing chain had to be done with an Ex Nihilo hammer.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Oh, did they add that as a pulverizer recipe? Back when I had limited resources, that processing chain had to be done with an Ex Nihilo hammer.

I assumed I could use a pulverizer to do that... so you are saying it cannot be done?
player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I'm saying check NEI. If you want to automate it, and the pulverizer doesn't work, you could always set up some autonomous activators to do the job.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I'm saying check NEI. If you want to automate it, and the pulverizer doesn't work, you could always set up some autonomous activators to do the job.

Autonomous activators with hammers? o.O
player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Autonomous activators with hammers? o.O

I briefly had this setup in my world: One Autonomous Activator with Ore Gravel and Ore Sand set to right-click, to place the blocks into the world. Another A.A. with hammers, set to left-click so it uses a hammer to mine the blocks. Vacuum Hopper to collect the drops. Not the prettiest system, but it does work. Just be sure the left-click A.A. isn't pointed toward anything you don't want mined, since it can reach a few blocks in front of it.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I briefly had this setup in my world: One Autonomous Activator with Ore Gravel and Ore Sand set to right-click, to place the blocks into the world. Another A.A. with hammers, set to left-click so it uses a hammer to mine the blocks. Vacuum Hopper to collect the drops. Not the prettiest system, but it does work. Just be sure the left-click A.A. isn't pointed toward anything you don't want mined, since it can reach a few blocks in front of it.

That sounds kinda meh... refilling the hammers would get annoying and I have a TON of ore gravel atm thanks to my mob grinder with witch water providing coal to power a furnace generator to power a different pulverizer pulverizing cobblestone into gravel and several sieves sieving that gravel because I wanted a ton of diamonds to waste on those necrotic bone health up things...

/:
player.me/felinoel

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

If you have excessive quantities and continue producing it, the gain by processing gravel to sand to dust isn't that big a deal in my opinion. Unless your definition of "a TON" is something like 3 stacks of each metal, in which case, carry on.

If you want heart canisters, they do come as a reward from certain quests. I think the yellow and green canisters might have to be equipped via the TCon inventory tab rather than right-clicking, fyi.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

If you have excessive quantities and continue producing it, the gain by processing gravel to sand to dust isn't that big a deal in my opinion. Unless your definition of "a TON" is something like 3 stacks of each metal, in which case, carry on.

I've considered just dumping it all into my smeltery and not worrying about processing it... /:

If you want heart canisters, they do come as a reward from certain quests. I think the yellow and green canisters might have to be equipped via the TCon inventory tab rather than right-clicking, fyi.

lol did you see me trying to equip it with right clicking and is that why you specified that?
I figured it out eventually! :P
player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users