Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Block that fills your inventory with specified items when you stand on it?

Best Answer timrem , 19 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I remember seeing a nifty block in one of Generikb's early Attack of the B-Team episodes, the Player Interface from Random Things. It treats your player inventory like any standard block-based inventory (like a chest): Anything piped into the block shows up in your inventory, and you can pull things out of your inventory just by pumping it out of the Player Interface. Automating this for any given block would be relatively easy: Place an itemduct between the source of your block and the player interface, set to respond to a redstone signal. Then you'd just have to stand on a pressure plate to have the system fill your inventory. Or you could trigger it with wireless redstone, since it works from a distance.

Gennyb's video should have more detail on how it works.

Go to the full post »

2 replies to this topic

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I think I saw something similar but can't find it anymore or which mod its from. Basically just need help finding something with that functionality. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

I remember seeing a nifty block in one of Generikb's early Attack of the B-Team episodes, the Player Interface from Random Things. It treats your player inventory like any standard block-based inventory (like a chest): Anything piped into the block shows up in your inventory, and you can pull things out of your inventory just by pumping it out of the Player Interface. Automating this for any given block would be relatively easy: Place an itemduct between the source of your block and the player interface, set to respond to a redstone signal. Then you'd just have to stand on a pressure plate to have the system fill your inventory. Or you could trigger it with wireless redstone, since it works from a distance.

Gennyb's video should have more detail on how it works.

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! Also thanks for the vid.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users