Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Biomes O Plenty Mystic Grove/Ominous Forest problem?

mystic grove biomes o plenty thuamcraft witchery

5 replies to this topic

andrecraft

andrecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:andresingleton
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Hi, complete newb here, downloaded Biomes o Plenty, Thuamcraft and Witchery for 1.7.10 and have been searching for day for a Mystic Grove and Ominous Forest along with others and absolutley cannot find one.

So I find this magical thing call a Biome Radar and successfully combine it with Mystic Grove essence, only to make the game freeze (mobs stop moving, cannot obtain a broken grass/sand/etc block) and chunks stop loading. So I'm still lost on creative searching forever for it and cannot find either. 

So, is there a way around this, a seed, or did I just download the wrong thing and my version is incapable of having these biomes. I've found Magical Forests which leads me to believe I'm doing something right, but I'm in DESPERATE need of help. PLEASEE HELP ME! :)

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Are you seeing any Biomes O Plenty biomes, or just the vanilla ones and Thaumcraft's Magical Forest? When you create a world, you have to set the map type to Biomes O Plenty (rather than Default, Superflat, etc.) if you want BoP biomes to generate, unless you change the configs. If it's just those two specific biomes that you can't find, it's probably just a matter of bad luck; since BoP adds so many new biomes, finding a specific one can be difficult.

andrecraft

andrecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are you seeing any Biomes O Plenty biomes, or just the vanilla ones and Thaumcraft's Magical Forest? When you create a world, you have to set the map type to Biomes O Plenty (rather than Default, Superflat, etc.) if you want BoP biomes to generate, unless you change the configs. If it's just those two specific biomes that you can't find, it's probably just a matter of bad luck; since BoP adds so many new biomes, finding a specific one can be difficult.

Yes I am seeing the new biomes, and I guess you're right in that I'm just having bad luck then, I thought maybe I could've done something wrong when downloading the mod. I just tried messing around with the configs to make the Mystic Grove bigger and found one right away, but the sky wasn't that pink color so I'm just really not sure. 

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Are you maybe thinking of the Witchwood Forest from Ars Magica? I know those have a pink sky, not sure about the Mystic Grove.

andrecraft

andrecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are you maybe thinking of the Witchwood Forest from Ars Magica? I know those have a pink sky, not sure about the Mystic Grove.

Hmm well accordding to this it says pink-purple sky http://ftbwiki.org/Mystic_Grove

andrecraft

andrecraft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, so I'm having a new problem. I edited my Config file to make the Mystic Grove biomes larger in an effort to find them easier, and have been successful twice, however the pink sky which is one of the main reasons I wanted it is not there, just the regular blue sky, but in other biomes that should have different colored skies in the mod do. Is this because I edited the config just for Mystic Grove and is there a way to fix it? PLEASEE HELPP :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mystic grove, biomes o plenty, thuamcraft, witchery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users