Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ME wireless stuff

10 replies to this topic

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:webkilla
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I'm having trouble getting my Tesseract working regards to Items - so I was thinking whether I could set up a wireless ME connection to my central ME item storage hub.

Is that possible?

I know there's wireless ME access terminals - but can you do the same with blocks?

So it goes Quarry -> wireless -> wireless -> ME storage

is this possible?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

What you're looking for is the Quantum Link Chamber multiblock. It's a bit expensive, takes a decent amount of power to operate, and you need to make a Singularity to link the two structures, so if it's a relatively small distance, you're probably better off just running cables. Using a Quantum Network Bridge can span any distance, and works between dimensions. Once it's set up, though, anything attached is treated as if it's connected directly to your AE network.

Getting your tesseracts working might be easier. What seems to be wrong? How are you trying to pump items into/out of the tesseract?

• ZL123, ostPavel and Aezex like this

Sounguru

Sounguru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Sounguru
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I simply use ender chest/tanks color coded to match and work great. Pump into the one chest and pump out of another just make sure your removal and input are fast enough to keep up. I use the extra utilities pipes and item/liquid/energy nodes for all of my quarries no matter what world they are in. I put 32 speed upgrades on the removal side and 24 on the input side. I have also run without speed upgrades but when you are outputting too a crap load of barrels it takes a long time to search it down. :huh:

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

I simply use ender chest/tanks color coded to match and work great. Pump into the one chest and pump out of another just make sure your removal and input are fast enough to keep up. I use the extra utilities pipes and item/liquid/energy nodes for all of my quarries no matter what world they are in. I put 32 speed upgrades on the removal side and 24 on the input side. I have also run without speed upgrades but when you are outputting too a crap load of barrels it takes a long time to search it down. :huh:

Really? I never could get ender chests to work with that... Will have to try that some time.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Really? I never could get ender chests to work with that... Will have to try that some time.

Why not?

(You are both talking about modded Ender Chests, right?)

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Why not?

(You are both talking about modded Ender Chests, right?)

Not sure, was probably doing something wrong but I did use the vanilla chests the first time before trying the modded ones.

player.me/felinoel

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Not sure, was probably doing something wrong but I did use the vanilla chests the first time before trying the modded ones.

You know how those... work, rrright?

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I thought I did, until that third r you used.

player.me/felinoel

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

What you're looking for is the Quantum Link Chamber multiblock. It's a bit expensive, takes a decent amount of power to operate, and you need to make a Singularity to link the two structures, so if it's a relatively small distance, you're probably better off just running cables. Using a Quantum Network Bridge can span any distance, and works between dimensions. Once it's set up, though, anything attached is treated as if it's connected directly to your AE network.

Getting your tesseracts working might be easier. What seems to be wrong? How are you trying to pump items into/out of the tesseract?

I have no clue why the tesseracts aren't working

It goes Quarry -> temp holding chest on top of it -> impulse itemducts into the tesseract -> other tesseract (both on same freq, one set to send items, one set to recieve) -> more impulse itemducts (with levers set so the itemducts are sucking items out) and then off to the ME system

...but it just doesn't do anything. If I pick up the sending tesseract, then plop it down again a bunch of items go in.. then 3 seconds later most come bouncing back again somehow.

But I'll try that ender chest trick - it sound like a good idea

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

On the receiving side, what are you pumping into? Some valid options would be another temp chest with an import bus attached, or an Interface. I'd expect problems like you're describing if you're trying to pump straight into an ME Chest, or import right from the itemduct. I usually have a temp chest directly adjacent to my receiving tesseract, so I don't have to worry about stuffed itemducts on that end.

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

The recieving end does pretty much just that - though it filters out to several diffferent chests, some of which link to the ME network, other just collect stuff because reasons

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users