Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Loading times

16 replies to this topic

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

I've recently been experiencing significantly longer loading times on the wiki than usual, both before and after the unplanned downtime. Everything except the login page (which is cached by my browser) takes a few seconds to load, with long pages like the main page, GregTech and especially the recent changes taking longer than short pages - main page takes maybe 3 sec, GregTech 5, recent changes more than 10. The long recent changes loading time appears to be partially due to the login redirect I have set up, accessing them normally from the nav menu is slightly faster (5 sec?).

I'm using the regular site, not the nocache version. This is happening using multiple browsers and on different internet connections and providers, so odds are that this is a server-side thing.

PS:

Now the site stopped responding at all, including nocache and ATLWiki.net. The forums work fine (duh).

• ostPavel likes this

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

I'm getting perfectly fine load times. Have you checked your internet connection settings? Maybe clear your browser cache? 

http://gyazo.com/1d3...0159c11f39a6239 (my load)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

As I said, it happens on multiple browsers, devices and internet connections, all of which have worked fine before. My cache is set to be cleared on browser exit.

Man you need to read your forum notifications.

• ZL123 likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
The wiki only takes about a minute to load for me... -.-

I'm gonna say that it's because of this crappy Amsterdam max 256kbps hotel wifi internet connection.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

A minute is not the wiki, lol. But I have noticed some performance issues. I'm not sure what the cause is though. But I'm looking into it.

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

As I said, it happens on multiple browsers, devices and internet connections, all of which have worked fine before. My cache is set to be cleared on browser exit.

Man you need to read your forum notifications.

Yeah, i don't get on as often as i used to so they stack up.

Welp, maybe it's temporary. Dunno why, i'm sure RZR0 will figure it out. Or something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It's a bit slow even from my minimal browsing. Might be a peering issue with certain internet providers.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
According to tracert the delay is not caused by any of the intermediate servers:
C:\>tracert ftbwiki.org

Routenverfolgung zu ftbwiki.org [37.34.50.243] über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
  2    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  87.186.224.92
  3    21 ms    19 ms    19 ms  217.0.76.210
  4    17 ms    16 ms    16 ms  217.239.42.166
  5    39 ms    94 ms    37 ms  80.156.161.190
  6    34 ms    29 ms    29 ms  ae-127-3513.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.16
2.226]
  7    25 ms    25 ms    26 ms  ae-127-3513.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.16
2.226]
  8    37 ms    35 ms    46 ms  XL-INTERNET.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.
42.238]
  9    29 ms    31 ms    39 ms  rt-eq01-v2.xl-is.net [79.170.92.21]
 10    32 ms    31 ms    30 ms  rhea.freddy1990.net [37.34.50.243]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

Shalax1

Shalax1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Shalax1
  • Modpack:Agrarian Skies

The wiki loads pretty much almost instantly for me. Have you tried using Virgin? Works for me.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts

I don't think Virgin exist in Germany :P In any case I wouldn't switch to a different provider just because a single website is loading slowly. Loading times have also gotten slightly better now, though the GregTech article still takes fairly long.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Yeah, i don't get on as often as i used to so they stack up.

Welp, maybe it's temporary. Dunno why, i'm sure RZR0 will figure it out. Or something.

Your feedback poll in your signature uses the wrong you're.

• DiamondDoctor, Aezex and TehRawrz like this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

Your feedback poll in your signature uses the wrong you're.

"Your jesus?"

"What about my jesus?"

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

"Your jesus?"

"What about my jesus?"

Exactly my point. =b

• TehRawrz likes this
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
The delays are caused by the webserver. The MediaWiki software + plugins are pretty straining. I'm trying to come up with a solution.

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel

Maybe the updated version of MW is better? I think we are using the old build, right?

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Maybe the updated version of MW is better? I think we are using the old build, right?

I dunno, maybe 1.24, it's supposed to have improvements, but it might be a while before I can push it to the wiki and be confident it'll run fine

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

I've been working on improving the performance of the wiki. I'm not sure if I've made progress though...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users