Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Direwolf20 1.7 pack not downloading mods.

direwolf20 error not downloading mods

Best Answer Aezex , 01 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

When the pack updated to 1.0.1 it started working.

Go to the full post »

8 replies to this topic

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

It appears that the Direwolf20 pack for 1.7 doesn't always download any mods, and just starts up as vanilla Minecraft.

The launcher gives this error when downloading: 

Spoiler

There a couple different fixes people have been suggesting so far: Force update the Launcher, or redownload the launcher. Neither worked for me.(Although I might have done something wrong.)

Can somebody figure out what is wrong, and how to fix it?

EDIT: I don't code, but the log seems to say that a certain pack.json file is missing, therefore Forge can't load.

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I'll say I've been downloading the pack since about 8 pm. Servers are really taxed so it might just be ded

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Have you updated to the newest version of the launcher? There was a post in the News that the automatic updating may not be working, and you'll have to download the newest launcher version manually from FTB website.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
It eventually launched. Should be good now after redownloading

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I redownloaded the launcher and got version 1.4.4, which I think is new. But even if I used force update, the pack would still break... :( Will try again soon.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

Hmm. It looks like it may be successfully downloading the pack to C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\direwolf20_17\direwolf20_17.zip but not extracting it properly to C:\FTB\direwolf20_17. Try manually extracting the downloaded zip archive to the folder I mentioned (you should just have to open the zip folder and copy the 'minecraft' folder into C:\FTB\direwolf20_17). Also copy the file 'version' while you're in ...\ModPacks\direwolf20_17, since that appears in my install folder too.

Edit: Actually, have you tried running the FTB Launcher with right-click -> Run as Administrator? That might help it out if it's just having permissions problems trying to extract the zip archive.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Hmm. It looks like it may be successfully downloading the pack to C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\direwolf20_17\direwolf20_17.zip but not extracting it properly to C:\FTB\direwolf20_17. Try manually extracting the downloaded zip archive to the folder I mentioned (you should just have to open the zip folder and copy the 'minecraft' folder into C:\FTB\direwolf20_17). Also copy the file 'version' while you're in ...\ModPacks\direwolf20_17, since that appears in my install folder too.

Edit: Actually, have you tried running the FTB Launcher with right-click -> Run as Administrator? That might help it out if it's just having permissions problems trying to extract the zip archive.

I tried using administrator mode, but it didn't work. Also, that file C:\UserAppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\direwolf20_17.zip doesn't exist, only up to the ftblauncher file: the ModPack folder doesn't exist. Could it be because I moved the FTB folder to C:\FTB?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

I tried using administrator mode, but it didn't work. Also, that file C:\UserAppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\direwolf20_17.zip doesn't exist, only up to the ftblauncher file: the ModPack folder doesn't exist. Could it be because I moved the FTB folder to C:\FTB?

Hmm, interesting. I also have my packs installed at C:\FTB, but the ...\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks folder is still there. Are you sure you're looking at Local and not ...\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher?

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
✓  Best Answer

When the pack updated to 1.0.1 it started working.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direwolf20, error, not, downloading, mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users