Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTB Monster reserve space conundrum

java Monster 64 32 reserve object heap

2 replies to this topic

CheeseJuggernaut

CheeseJuggernaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:CheeseJuggernaut
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

So the problem starts with vanilla Minecraft. Whenever I try to run it with 64 bit java it wont get past the launcher, and a java error message appears that says;

"Java™ Platform SE binary has stopped working"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: javaw.exe
  Application Version: 8.0.25.18
  Application Timestamp: 54345ca0
  Fault Module Name: atio6axx.dll
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 54176479
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00000000000d1c65
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 57d0
  Additional Information 2: 57d02ee17399e39717d2a0914a5f667e
  Additional Information 3: 6aec
  Additional Information 4: 6aecfcfce6edb6c14c0d33b67fa84a1d

dc6a4e853d39ae25ebc795bce3e951f0.gif

After figuring out that it was the 64 bit java (any version of java), I decided to uninstall the 64 bit and install the 32 bit as even if I had both, it wouldn't work.

So I got Minecraft working on 32 bit fine, but now when I go to play FTB monster it comes up with this in the console;

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait! 
Setting up native libraries for Monster v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe
Pack: Monster 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Adding Optimization Arguments
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap
Java HotSpot™ Client VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot™ Client VM warning: TieredCompilation is disabled in this release.

I think the problem is that it cannot reserve enough space for the object heap, as my RAM is limited to 1.5GB in 32 bit. I have 32GB of RAM so I know I have enough for 62 bit.

I could really do with some help because I've been searching for 2 days for a solution, but nothing works. If you answer, assume I haven't tried anything because I may have missed something.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2
  Fault Module Name: atio6axx.dll

That's the ATI graphics library. I'd suggest checking the ATI website for the newest drivers for your graphics card. Make sure to get the version for 64-bit systems, you probably had a 32-bit driver installed, which wouldn't work with 64-bit Java.

Java Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe

Once you've updated your graphics drivers, you should uninstall all Java versions you have installed and do a fresh reinstall. Since you're probably going to be playing with mods, you should get Java 7, not Java 8 - older Forge versions have compatibility problems with Java 8. Java 7 is still supported at the moment, so you won't be at a security risk when using it. The Java download site will link you to Java 8 by default, but Java 7 can still be downloaded under http://java.com/en/d...anual_java7.jsp

• CheeseJuggernaut likes this

CheeseJuggernaut

CheeseJuggernaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:CheeseJuggernaut
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

That's the ATI graphics library. I'd suggest checking the ATI website for the newest drivers for your graphics card. Make sure to get the version for 64-bit systems, you probably had a 32-bit driver installed, which wouldn't work with 64-bit Java.

Once you've updated your graphics drivers, you should uninstall all Java versions you have installed and do a fresh reinstall. Since you're probably going to be playing with mods, you should get Java 7, not Java 8 - older Forge versions have compatibility problems with Java 8. Java 7 is still supported at the moment, so you won't be at a security risk when using it. The Java download site will link you to Java 8 by default, but Java 7 can still be downloaded under http://java.com/en/d...anual_java7.jsp

Thank you very much! It has worked for normal minecraft and has removed the Javaw appcrash, I will test FTB tomorrow. You rock!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: java, Monster, 64, 32, reserve, object heap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users