Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Molecular Assembler & RE-Batteries/Energy Crystals/etc

1 reply to this topic

omgomgwtfbbq

omgomgwtfbbq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • IGN:mattfosterlp
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Hi there!

I've built an Applied Energistics Molecular Assembler in my current server game. It's fantastic and honestly it's one of my favorite mods in the Monster pack.

But I am encountering a pesky problem. When an RE-Battery or Energy Crystal (and there are probably other items that are problematic as well) is in the recipe, it won't craft them. Mind you I have the crafting recipe for all of these items encoded into patterns and placed into the molecular assembly chamber. Also, I can request that the items be craft. Even if those crafted items are in the ME system, it won't use them.

And I think I've spotted the problem, although I can't figure out a solution. The metadata for the crafted item is different from metadata in the recipe

My attempted solution was to take a crafted item and to re-encode the recipe that uses it so that the metadata matches. But this doesn't seem to work. The recipe still requests and item with the old metadata, and I have no idea why.

An example: When a recipe requires an RE-Battery (something that I use A LOT), the molecular assembler requests item 30239:32767. But when I just request an RE-Battery on its own, it gives me item either 30239 or 30239:27.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I will greatly appreciate any input! :D

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Encoding the pattern by using the physical objects (not shift-clicking from NEI) is usually the solution here. Not sure why it's failing for you.

• ZL123 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users