Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First energy conduits.

8 replies to this topic

Magicthise

Magicthise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Zenemu
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but which are the earliest energy conduits in this pack?

I have made a survival generator and an alloy smelter, but to create ender io energy conduits requires the smelter to be up and running.

In dire wolfs play through video, he pops the smelter directly on top of the furnace or an energy cube and it just works as long as it's adjacent, that doesn't seem to work for me, even with redstone signal disabled ect. Bit confused, sorry if it's an obvious question, just trying for a legit playthrough.

Thanks.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex

If you are referring to the Survivalist generator from Extra Utilities, it should work if you place the generator next to the smelter.

Have you tried hooking it up to an energy cell or Thermal Expansion machines?

Energy conduits from Ender IO are the first tier.

Screenshot of your setup?

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

Kenekten

Kenekten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Hi,

I actually encountered the same dilemma. I downloaded the FTB launcher and am using 1.7.10 direwolf20 as of yesterday.

I find that I'm unable to create Energy Conduits because Conductive Iron needs Alloy Smelter which currently can't be powered.

Here's a really messy screenshot on my setup, which still should work. I added an Survivalist Generator just for testing since the full Lava Generator didn't work for me.

http://imgur.com/JN7vp5g

Lava generator is full 100,000/100,000 

Survivalist generator has around 50,000/100,000 

I tried moving it all around and matching with different other machines such as a Pulverizer, Redstone Furnace and a Grinder but none were powered.

Noticeably I have no prior experience with this pack and hope I'm just a nubcake that missed something basic.

Regards,

Ken

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

BuildCraft recently (version 6) switched from MJ to RF, so you can use kinesis pipes as well. Those require only redstone, glass and some basic materials (wood, cobblestone) to craft and are sufficient for early power transport. See the Kinesis Pipe article on the wiki, I updated that a few days ago ;)

• RZR0 and timrem like this

Kenekten

Kenekten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Hi again! 

Thank you for your answer, I tried crafting some Kinesis Pipes but sadly it still didn't power the machines. I tried using and placing them in different ways and configured the Pull/Push/None/Disabled on the Alloy Smelter and saw the pipe connect on some setups but all were without success.

- I also filled both generators with appropriate fuel even if they were fully loaded but no RF were transferred.

http://imgur.com/CbURWv5

Edit: Just for testing purposes I activated cheat mode and replaced the kinesis pipes with energy conduits and the whole setup kicked to life in an instant. 

Regards,

Ken

Magicthise

Magicthise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Zenemu
Yeah, this does seem to be an early game bottle neck at the moment for a early game legit playthrough. In Direwolfs Single Player video he doesn't need any conduit/pipe at all, the ender io alloy smelter just works by being put on or next to the survivalist generator or a lead stone energy cell. He mentions a problem with electrum, but it's kind of brushed over and the conductive iron problem isn't mentioned at all. Having experimented for a while now, I can't find a way to do this without cheating in some basic ender io conduit.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Only Wooden and Emerald pipes accept energy from blocks. All other pipes can only transport and output energy, so you can't connect a generator to another block using only a cobblestone pipe.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex

Has anyone tried using a sterling generator? I'm 100% positive it will transfer power to an adjacent alloy smelter, unless there is a bug.

If Thermal Expansion would hurry up with their conduits, we wouldn't have this problem...

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

If Thermal Expansion would hurry up with their conduits, we wouldn't have this problem...

I heard that Thermal Expansion isn't getting conduits. Instead they'll be part of a separate mod from CoFH, Thermal Dynamics.

• Aezex likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users