Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aqueous Accumulators not Accumulating

aqueous accumulator thermal expansion

1 reply to this topic

Ackapus

Ackapus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Ackapus
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

So I distinctly remember building farm plots of 9x9 and placing an Aqueous Accumulator in the center with an Openblocks sprinkler on top, and it ran.  At several pages I have read that accumulators will collect a small amount of water even when not immersed, and the sprinkler's description references this amount as all it needs to run.  However, my accumulators don't seem to run at all unless touching water blocks, and god help you if you try to pipe water to a sprinkler using the new Ender IO fluid conduits- sprinklers don't sit on top of them and to connect from the side leaves you with a huge ugly plate hanging in midair (where it conveniently sit on the side of a full-sized opaque block) that also takes up a viable farming block. 

Is this something that can be altered in an ini file for the mod, something whose default setting was changed going into 1.7?  Or is this even something that other people are noticing?

Ackapus

Ackapus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Ackapus
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

OK, so accumulators will gather water (rather quickly, too) during rainy weather, regardless of if the biome snows or rains and regardless of altitude, and whether indoors/outdoors.  Did not test in desert... can't seem to find one.  However, without rainy weather, it just sits there like an old e-Machine mid-ATX tower.

Workaround currently is to place a single tank in the ground at farm level with a sprinkler on top and accumulator underneath.  The sprinkler drain is ridiculously low, enough so that the tank is an adequate buffer between rainfalls.  The fill rate during rain is almost like having the bloody thing submerged anyway.

So it works, ultimately, but it appears that the behavior was changed.  I probably missed that particular notification in the update logs.  

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aqueous accumulator, thermal expansion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users