Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Channel solutions question for AE2

Best Answer Unknnnnn , 08 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

I found that best solution (At least intially) is just use dense cable for a few blocks then change it into dense me conduit from ender io (i'm pretty sure that one is cheaper) and use it transfer channels over big distances

Go to the full post »

6 replies to this topic

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • IGN:Unknnnnn
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Basically I am trying to figure out a way to extend my me network endlessly with dozens or hundreds of channels, without making multiblocks. Is that possible?

I already have the main network. I just built a 32x32x5 room where I plan to put more processing facilities. Basically I'm expanding space and plan to use a lot of level emitters, import buses and export buses.

Now I am trying to create a subnetwork for the room with ME Controller. I just want to use the ME controller that is present within that room to provide channels for the buses... I do not wish to create storage space in this subnetwork as I already have plenty of storage in my main network; but I obviously still want to access all the items from the main network.

Ideally I would want to create a me controller per 32x32x5 room with a network that has all its own channels but can access storage from 5-6 rooms and subnetworks away while not being directly connected to it.

Is that possible?

I tried connecting the main network via smart cable to storage bus to an interface to a storage bus to a smart cable belonging to subnetwork - but since I have no storage space in subnetwork I can't access any items from my terminal in subnetwork.

Edit:

In AE1 - all I had to do is extend the cable and put a crafting terminal to reach new room. Here I will run out after 32 rooms (dense cable), obviously its not likely I will need 32 rooms that have 32x32x5 size, but still the fact that it isn't infinite kinda bugs me.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I tried connecting the main network via smart cable to storage bus to an interface to a storage bus to a smart cable belonging to subnetwork

If I'm understanding what you're saying here, that interface isn't actually connected to anything. What you may try instead is:

Main network smart cable === Storage bus === Interface === Subnetwork smart cable

and

Main network smart cable === Interface === Storage bus === Subnetwork smart cable

at the same time. I have no idea if this actually works, but it could be worth a shot.

You can probably also do what you're attempting using P2P tunnels and one large central ME Controller multiblock, though that requires skillful cable management.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

I remember there is a config to disable channels, but I hear it might be removed soon. Other that that, the P2P's seem to be the best solution.

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

If I'm understanding what you're saying here, that interface isn't actually connected to anything. What you may try instead is:

Main network smart cable === Storage bus === Interface === Subnetwork smart cable

and

Main network smart cable === Interface === Storage bus === Subnetwork smart cable

at the same time. I have no idea if this actually works, but it could be worth a shot.

You can probably also do what you're attempting using P2P tunnels and one large central ME Controller multiblock, though that requires skillful cable management.

I already moved my me controller into 32x32x5 room, so my subnetwork is now my main network and all my storage in "subnetwork". If I try that I have nothing to power my subnetwork with storage. May be when I'm expanding I'll try it.

Unknnnnn

Unknnnnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
✓  Best Answer

I found that best solution (At least intially) is just use dense cable for a few blocks then change it into dense me conduit from ender io (i'm pretty sure that one is cheaper) and use it transfer channels over big distances

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I found this rather interesting, so I decided to test it (click to enlarge):

AE co-networks.png

Each Controller provides channels to its own zone, while all zones are able to access any of the inventories. Still need to test how well autocrafting works, but this does seem like a neat way to have infinitely-expandable AE networks.

Edit: It looks like autocrafting is only available within the zone that has the recipe defined, though it can use items from other zones.

Heaven Of Angels

Heaven Of Angels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:HeavenOfAngels
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

In the FTBInfinity map that I play in I have 2 ME networks: 1 main network and 1 p2p network. The main network is where everything is connected to with a nice multiblock core and I have a p2p network to get all those channels to where I want them to be, with another core. This is no solution if you want to avoid multiblock structures at all costs, but you could have 1 dedicated room for the 2 cores and stretch out p2p cables from there to the rest of your base. It will look cool though: an ME core surrounded with p2p gate :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users