Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Server continually restarts?

direwolf20 server crash

6 replies to this topic

CWinthrop

CWinthrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:DJCharlie
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Hi all,

I'm getting desperate here, and hoping someone can help me. I'm running the latest (as of yesterday) FTB/Direwolf20, and the server just continually restarts.

Crash log is here.

According to my hosting support, it's caused by Wireless Redsone, but since there's only 2 of us on the server, and neither of us are using Wireless Redstone, I don't think that's it.

Also, the fml-server-latest log is nearly 7 megabytes in size. Should it be that large?

Thanks in advance!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

The log is saying Wireless Redstone is at fault. If neither of you are using the mod yet, you could try disabling it before you next start up the server. If it still crashes with WR disabled, there should be a different and hopefully more informative crash log.

If your server provider doesn't provide a control panel that allows for disabling mods, you should just have to stop your minecraft server, rename "WR-CBE-1.7.10-1.4.1.9-universal.jar" to "WR-CBE-1.7.10-1.4.1.9-universal.jar.disabled", and start the server again.

Hopefully, running the server with WR disabled will clear out whatever error WR thinks it's having, and you'll be able to enable it again without issue.

CWinthrop

CWinthrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well, I tried running it without Wireless Redstone, and the server crashed even faster. No logs this time either. According to the host provider, it completely trashed the directories, so we're trying a fresh install (minus WR) now.

CWinthrop

CWinthrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

And an update! I reloaded the server with the WR mod removed. 20 minutes in this moring, another crash. Here's the crash report.

CWinthrop

CWinthrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Roughly ever 6-8 hours the server suddenly crashes, with no warning. Doesn't matter if there are players on or not, and doesn't matter what any payers on the server are doing, it just crashes with that same error report.

Once it crashes, trying to restart it causes it to stick in a loop of crashing once the startup reaches: "[Server] Server thread/INFO Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10"

The only way to get it out of this loop is to shut it down entirely, reupload the libraries and mods directories to the server, and then restarting it. Then we're good for another 4-9 hours.

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this. I've tried it on 3 different servers (one my own at-home, and 2 minecraft hosting services), and it's the same every time.

Crash reports so far:

12:07am

9:15am

1:26pm

CWinthrop

CWinthrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

20 minutes later, it happened again!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Definitely something to do with CodeChicken. I've personally had a few problems with it and its chunk-loading dependency before, and you could try and (of course having backed up your world) see if it'll work without CodeChicken and all the mods that depend on it (i.e. in this pack CodeChickenLib, ChickenChunks, Ender Storage, Translocators, and of course Wireless Redstone).

Then as Timrem said hopefully you'll be able to re-enable them again.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direwolf20, server, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users