Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to Control Energy Conduits (Off/On)?

Energy Conduit

3 replies to this topic

Thaxllssillyia

Thaxllssillyia

refuse collector

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Thaxllssillyia
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hi there,

I recently detected that the Autonomous Activator (AA) now needs RF to work (~1RF/t). Since I was using them in mass amounts for my oreberry farms, they now stopped working.

To power the AAs with RF is not the problem, it is the way to handle/safe the energy. I don't want that my 100 AAs drain my energy system by continously perform a right click on the oreberry bushes. I just want to perform that every 30 seconds or so.

The problem is now, that there is no way to apply a redstone signal to the main energy cable of the farm to control it. But if I limit the output of RF to the farm to 1 RF/t, only the first AA in the network is working. I want to pulse ALL every 30 seconds.

Does anybody have an idea? Thanks in advance an good night,

Thax

Developer (C#), Progressive Drummer
Fan of Gavin Harrison, best drummer ever:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUA_n04C1bs

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I'd say keep them fully powered all the time and use the machines redstone controls to pulse them on and off.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

TehRawrz has the right idea. I'm pretty sure Autonomous Activators have a setting to activate on a Redstone pulse, and setting up a timer for 30 seconds is easy. Assuming you're using EnderIO conduits for power and item transfer, adding the Redstone conduit shouldn't be a problem, either.

If you're dead-set on controlling the power, I'd recommend putting an Energy Cell on the input line, and controlling that with a Redstone signal. You'll probably have RF distribution imbalance similar to limiting to 1 RF/t, though.

Thaxllssillyia

Thaxllssillyia

refuse collector

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Thaxllssillyia
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hell yeah, that works with the redstone Energy conduits, thanks!

Developer (C#), Progressive Drummer
Fan of Gavin Harrison, best drummer ever:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUA_n04C1bs

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users