Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Barrels / caches won't accept items

No replies to this topic

Apologetheia

Apologetheia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity

After the latest FTB Infinity update, both barrels from JABBA and Caches from Thermal Expansion have been refusing to accept items. The problem does not start straight away, but after ca. 10 minutes. I've tried to reinstall everything and copy my saves folder back, to no avail.

I've tried both Extra Utilities and Thermal Dynamics pipes, and the same thing happens for both, i.e., none of the combinations of caches/barrels and pipe mods seems to work. My system of pipes and barrels is not overly complicated, about 10 barrels/caches on a single transport pipe, and additionally some simple unconnected systems of a barrel and a machine. The items going to a barrel just seem to bounce around in the pipe just before the barrel in question - they don't even get sent back to the original inventory. 

What's happening here? I can't give any instructions on replicating the error, since I really do not know if there is a specific sequence of actions leading to it. It just happens after 10 minutes, and I don't know why. The bug appears at least in one other world I've created, in creative mode.

EDIT: The caches/barrels occasionally got some items in between saving/quitting the game and starting it again. Perhaps a problem had something to do with the internal server?

EDIT: For some inexplicable reason the problem vanished after ca. 4 hours of continuous playing. I did not alter anything, just played on and replaced caches/barrels with resonant strongboxes for a while. It'd still be nice to know what happened, even though everything works perfectly now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users