Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LP/Liquid XP mob farm?

9 replies to this topic

sleepytyrant

sleepytyrant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:sleepytyrant
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Is there a way to get XP drops off mobs that are being killed by the well of suffering ritual?

I'm using a couple vacuum hoppers to pickup the items, and since they can also pickup XP, I was wondering if there was a way to get it while also getting blood for my soul network.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-08-09_03.57.34.png

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

vacuum hoppers automatically pick up the xp just have to liquid pipe it out. I don't know if the blood magic ritual that kills mobs drops xp might just be all blood

sleepytyrant

sleepytyrant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

vacuum hoppers automatically pick up the xp just have to liquid pipe it out. I don't know if the blood magic ritual that kills mobs drops xp might just be all blood

yea, they don't drop xp...i was asking if there was a way to get around that.

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz

Don't think so that's just how the ritual works. Would need something else killing the mobs to get xp drop.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Don't think so that's just how the ritual works. Would need something else killing the mobs to get xp drop.

lol he wants to keep the well of suffering but yeah the ritual purposefully does not allow xp to be given.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

You could mix the Well of Suffering with another damage source for XP drops. The Well generates LP whenever it damages a mob, it doesn't have to kill that mob, but the overall effectiveness of the ritual would be reduced since mobs will die faster.

sleepytyrant

sleepytyrant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

You could mix the Well of Suffering with another damage source for XP drops. The Well generates LP whenever it damages a mob, it doesn't have to kill that mob, but the overall effectiveness of the ritual would be reduced since mobs will die faster.

okay, so any ideas on an easy way to do that?

...would spikes work?

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

okay, so any ideas on an easy way to do that?

...would spikes work?

I don't remember spikes generating xp...
Probably due to a lag issue.

But if you are doing it this way then there is no point in having the well of suffering and this xp farm be in the same place.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

sleepytyrant

sleepytyrant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

But if you are doing it this way then there is no point in having the well of suffering and this xp farm be in the same place.

well, not no point, just divided. I was only going to put the spikes in certain spots.

but the spikes were a no go anyway =(

ZeeTarget

ZeeTarget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:ZeeTarget

I do a tower with max spawning for xp using spawners and cursed earth to make them in dark then they drop in a 6x6 well 600ft to 9 spikes and I have 4 vacuum hoppers (one each corner side) connected with items out to crystal chest and xp out to liquid tanks for use in xp shower. Does that help? I could post a pic or two if ya like ;P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users