Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adding Plugins to Direwolf20 1.7.10 Mod pack

8 replies to this topic

ZeeTarget

ZeeTarget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:ZeeTarget
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I am looking to add plugins like money and faction to the modpack if they are not already included. I am new to configurations, but am a 27yr PC veteran programmer. I just need a starting point for info on how to do this. I also would like to know if I can write my own java plugins or code changes to plugins or mod packs. Where to get info on that is what I need most ;P 

Cordially,

ZeeTarget

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'm not entirely sure I understand, but are you asking if and how you can make your own mod? If you run a bukkit server, there are economy plugins for that, but I'm not sure if and how compatible it is with forge mods. If you really want to develop your own expansion to the game that'll work with any mocpack, you will have to write your own forge mod. Which varies in degree of difficulty depending on what you want to achieve. But it's best you have a firm grasp of Java and at least some basic knowledge about reverse engineering, which can come in handy as everything you need might not be supported by the forge API itself.

ZeeTarget

ZeeTarget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok, I see so there are two types of mods, Forge and Bukkit. I presume because I am using MCPro Hosting for the FTB server (which I think is a Forge Mod?) I may need to see what they implement in their servers. I do want to make my own mod eventually if I can make my ideas work with the format. I am a Sr. level java developer so thats not an issue. Just getting the formatting down for the allowable API for each type then.

I was also interested in installing plugins (what type?) for my MCpro hosted FTB 1.4.8/DireWolf20 1.6.2/MC 1.7.10 server. But I cant find anything about where to install plugins on a unix server, they prolly use FreeBSD anyway I dont have access to a plugin folder thru FTP or at least I could not find one... 

Thanks for the response and your time ;)

Zee

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

All FTB packs are based on Forge, which allows for mods to easily be added to the vanilla game. In whatever directory contains your server .jar file, there should also be a 'mods' folder containing a .jar or .zip for each mod you have installed. To add new mods, you'd need to upload the jar/zip for the mod into that folder, as well as install it client-side.

Bukkit plugins are usually serverside-only, and aren't designed to work with Forge. There used to be a program, Cauldron, that tried to allow for Bukkit plugins to work on a Forge server, but it was never really a stable system.

I can't personally think of any faction/economy Forge mods, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Just keep in mind that (in most cases) if you install a mod on the server, any client that tries to connect will need that mod installed locally, too.

As for making a mod, I understand that Pahimar's Let's Mod series is a rather good introduction.

• ZeeTarget likes this

ZeeTarget

ZeeTarget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Great, so bukkit plugins are all like beans that are server side only or are they more like jsp or json?

I guess I need to find out what plugins can be used by FTB. I would think they were server side only due to having to restart the server after putting one in the plugins folder if running Windows. Problem is my host is unix based. Maybe I will need to go to a windows hosted service to have the plugins I would like? I would like to have ones like Essentials, WorldEdit, Factions to name a few.

Thanx for all the great responses :)

Zee

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

All the plugins you mentioned there are for Bukkit. Unless you're running your server with something like Cauldron as I mentioned above, Bukkit plugins won't work with FTB (and last I heard, Cauldron has been discontinued). Otherwise, you have to choose: do you want a mostly-vanilla server which supports Bukkit plugins such as Factions, or do you want a modded server that runs Forge mods such as those in the Direwolf20 Pack.

Aezex

Aezex

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • IGN:Aezex
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

You might start with Forge Essentials. It comes with WorldEdit installed, and is server-side only. There might be more of the things you are looking for on CurseForge.

1.6 modpack? Download Java 7 here. 1.7.10+? Download Java 8 here.

TexasGuy1988

TexasGuy1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:TexasGuy1988
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

All FTB packs are based on Forge, which allows for mods to easily be added to the vanilla game. In whatever directory contains your server .jar file, there should also be a 'mods' folder containing a .jar or .zip for each mod you have installed. To add new mods, you'd need to upload the jar/zip for the mod into that folder, as well as install it client-side.

Bukkit plugins are usually serverside-only, and aren't designed to work with Forge. There used to be a program, Cauldron, that tried to allow for Bukkit plugins to work on a Forge server, but it was never really a stable system.

I can't personally think of any faction/economy Forge mods, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Just keep in mind that (in most cases) if you install a mod on the server, any client that tries to connect will need that mod installed locally, too.

As for making a mod, I understand that Pahimar's Let's Mod series is a rather good introduction.

I need the retard version of this, step by step.  I want to add the advanced machines IC2 mod to my game.  I pasted the zip file into the mods folder and restarted my game, but its as if nothing happened.

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts
  • IGN:SirPersonJr
  • Modpack:Private Pack

If the mod is still a .zip file you will have to extract it and then place the mod in the mods folder.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users