Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New background

13 replies to this topic

Poll: New background (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Change to the new background

1. Yes (15 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (15 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

So we're considering to change the background on the wiki. We'd like some input.

Current:

ftbwback1.png

New:

ftbwback2.png

Nextia

Nextia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:manjack40
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Looks fine as is IMO.

• jarycu likes this

SekhetBR

SekhetBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:SekhetBR
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

i can just barely tell a difference between the two.  i may be imagining that difference on account of you told me it exists.  really, as long it's a nice dark color and won't fry my retinas every time i look something up it's fine.

• jarycu likes this

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

i can just barely tell a difference between the two.  i may be imagining that difference on account of you told me it exists.  really, as long it's a nice dark color and won't fry my retinas every time i look something up it's fine.

One is based on the dirt texture and the original just has some gray circles here and there randomly.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

One is based on the dirt texture and the original just has some gray circles here and there randomly.

It isn't based on the dirt texture

Poiuy2010_2011

Poiuy2010_2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Poiuy2010_2011
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed
Then what is it based on?

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Then what is it based on?

It's a random pattern that was designed to look minecrafty :P

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123

It's a random pattern that was designed to look minecrafty :P

Oh wow, really? That's pretty good then!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Biscoitoso

Biscoitoso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • IGN:Biscoitoso
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity

Hi guys I am new in this fórum but not in this site, I have played Minecraft FTB in the last 3 years and used this wiki all the time, just now registered in this forum. My native language is portuguese and I am from Brazil. I never studied english and learned it by myself, so I beg you all for my gramatical errors.

Well, I voted for the new one background, it's look more like minecraft and the new texture remember me a block of ash stone, this block can be found in volcano biome from Biomes O Plenty mode.

Cya.

• RZR0 and ZL123 like this

cmcawesome

cmcawesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I don't really like the new background all that much. It's kind of fuzzy and hard on the eyes, and draws a lot of attention to itself when a background shouldn't. While yes it looks more minecraft-y, you don't really need your background to look minecrafty.

7thPlanetWind

7thPlanetWind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:WindOf7thPlanet

I don't really like the new background all that much. It's kind of fuzzy and hard on the eyes, and draws a lot of attention to itself when a background shouldn't. While yes it looks more minecraft-y, you don't really need your background to look minecrafty.

What he/she said. When it comes to backgrounds, minimal is better.

That said, if it wasn't a background, props to whomever designed the texture. It is pretty cool, just not for a background.

Edit: Oh it do think it would be great if that new background texture could be used only at the top of the page for the background of the header area.

GAMERINE

GAMERINE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:GAMERINE
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

maybe ad a block texture like oak_leaves or dirt but even if it is only suttile like in my example it still breaks up the back ground and maybe you could make different pages have different back grounds to keep it fresh for longerScreen Shot 2016-01-09 at 4.17.54 pm.png

(click picture it isn't just black)

• GAMERINE likes this

Ninetailed

Ninetailed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:Ninetailed

I agree that the new background draws too much attention to itself. It might be workable with less contrast between the lighter and darker greys.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

There was a much lighter variant of the background, but that was voted out by the staff. Given that it's pretty much a tie al the time, I'm thinking we'll probably stick with our current background for now.

• ostPavel likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users