Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please help an infinity noob

12 replies to this topic

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • IGN:MineCharls
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity
I would like your help for just one thing.

If you can tell me all the books or items that are like tutorials for the mod (Like thaumonomicon for thaumcraft) that you can get in survival Infinity that would help me a lot :). Thank you very much.
  • MineCharls likes this

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Well you can craft all of the WItchery and Tinkers' Construct instructional books, but what do you have in mind?

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I wanted to know for what mods there's an in game tutorial to try it myself an see if I like it or not and not having to look for tutorials in the internet, at least to get started.

drbretto

drbretto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I dunno if this helps, as I'm also a noob, but are there any towns nearby your starting area? I found a TON of the books in the town near mine. 

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I haven't started my survival yet. I'm looking for a cool seed before, but I take that into account. However I wanted to know what books are available in survival in order to serch or craft them. But thanks for your help :)

drbretto

drbretto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Try Boobies!

I'm not kidding, lol. You start on a gorgeous monutain that's perfect for building, and there's a town at the bottom of it in a redwood forest (one redwood tree netted me 8 stacks of wood, BTW, and took 3 iron axes to chop down), full of books and pre-built basic machines to learn from. 

That's "Boobies" without the quotes and with a capital B, with biomes o plenty activated.

I tried to run around on creative at first to get an idea of things, but that was too overwhelming. I'd really recommend just starting the survival mode and learn things as they come. 

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I saw your post in "Map seeds" and I was willing to give it a go. Thanks :D

drbretto

drbretto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Cool. Good luck, and if you discover anything cool about this mod, please post things here. I'm new too and this is pretty damn overwhelming, lol. 

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Truly is xD. I recommend you to follow someone on youtube you like that makes a survival series about this. You learn a freaking lot an also entertain yourself. Unfortunately the one I follow is spanish so you probably won't understand so much.

drbretto

drbretto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I've checked out some youtube vids, but I haven't followed any one person. Pretty much, so far, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do and then looking up how to do it. The problem with that, obviously, is that I don't even know what I CAN do, but at this point, I'm starting by sort of specializing in one thing or another, mastering that, then moving to the next aspect. I'm starting primarily with buildcraft, then thaumcraft, so I think I'll be busy for a while :P

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Tha sounds really cool! Fortunately the one I follow doesn't explain everything he does so I will have to figure it out myself but I like to see what the mods are capable off. Hope you have fun and if you have some questions about thaumcraft you can ask me privately (Only vanilla thaumcraft) I've been playing vanilla thaumcraft 4 for a year or so (And now thaumcraft 5 untill I saw Inifnity) so ask if you need help!

SuperSox97

SuperSox97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You should start with the OpenBlocks book and the first Tinker's Construct book if I recall correctly. You'll be given the second Tinker's Construct book upon creating the tables for it and the third one upon creating a smeltery part (craft grout, smelt it into a seared brick, get four of those in a square pattern in a crafting table to get your first seared brick block).

You can craft the Botania book (Lexica Botanica) by combining a book with a sapling.

Keep in mind that a book can be crafted with two blank patterns (Tinker's Construct) and a piece of string in place of leather.

Both wood (all you need for blank pattern) and spiders are everywhere, so I find them to be more accessible and cheaper than leather early on.

I hope you have fun!

MineCharls

MineCharls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you! That was what I was looking for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users