Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crash on startup

10 replies to this topic

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • IGN:webkilla
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

So... just updated to 2.4.2 and its the same old song and dance

I have a bunch of mods disabled because I don't use them:

avaritia

bloodmagic

botania

computercraft

draconic evo

forbidden magic

hats

hatstands

magicbees

thaumcraft

- all the other thaumcraft plugins (the one for nei, energistics,exploration, tinkerer)

witchery

and this is my crash report - I seriously wish these things said more clearly "Mod [x] is causing the problem" - they probably do, but I cannot into code-speak

Please advice - is there anything I can disable to fix this? update? wut?

Attached Files

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts
  • IGN:SirPersonJr
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It looks like the Biome O' Plenty mod adds a potion of Paralysis that is conflicting with some other potion. In the Biomes O' Plenty config (ids.cfg) change the Paralysis and Possession potion id's to some other number. 

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Where is that ids.cfg file? I tried looking around in the .jar file for the mod - but it only seemed to have .class files from what I could tell

I did find the PotionParalysis.class file - but again: I cannot into code speak...

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts
You want to find a folder labeled config which will then contain many folders with the configuration for every mod. From here find the Biomes O Plenty folder and in that is the ids.cfg

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Found it - thank you

Say, are there any tutorials or anything up on the wiki on how to decipher the crash reports so people can figure this stuff out on their own without having to come here? I mean, I greatly appreciate the help but if more people could solve their own problems then... good times?

Also, it didn't quite work. I changed the number from 118, which indeed was a duplicate entry to 120 (which I checked, it was available)

I then changed it to 127, which also wasn't used. This didn't work either. I'm basically getting the exact same error message as the original crash report I uploaded, only now the number for the array error is 127 (same for 120)

suggestions?

Attached Files

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts

Okay that seems strange. Try changing the "potion auto assign" option above the potion id's to false and see what happens.

As for deciphering crash reports, there are probably tutorials somewhere but the simple stuff can be figured out within the first 3-5 lines. From your crash:

at net.minecraft.potion.Potion.<init>(Potion.java:68)
at biomesoplenty.common.potions.PotionParalysis.<init>(PotionParalysis.java:13)
at biomesoplenty.common.core.BOPPotions.init(BOPPotions.java:22)
at biomesoplenty.BiomesOPlenty.preInit(BiomesOPlenty.java:51)

at biomesoplenty tells me that the problem is caused by Biomes O' Plenty.
.PotionParalysis. tells me that the problem is more specifically about some Paralysis Potion.
beyond this, potions conflict with each other often, so I assume its a potion conflict.

Sorry if you already knew this but it was the best way I could think of to explain it.

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

its already set to fale:

"potion auto assign" {
    B:"Potion Auto Assign"=false
}

hmmm - could I just remove the option from the config index to solve this? Or comment it out?

hey wait - i had the config file open in notepad++ when I started the game again - the game changes the auto assign value to true when I launch the damn thing!

on the plus side, the thing finally seems to work

the only thing I changed was re-enable the Magic Bees mod

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

So... infinity updates from 2.4.3 to 2.5.0 - and once more I can't start the thing, after removing the magic mods

I've attached the crash report

it says the problem is that there's no thaumcraft mods - but I disabled all the thaumcraft mods.... at least the ones with obvious "thaum" in the name

Attached Files

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It looks like Powersuits Addons is what's failing here. If I recall correctly, it adds a module allowing the helmet to act like Thaumcraft's Goggles of Revealing, so you might have to disable that in the configs.

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I already disabled Powersuits Addon - I only have the powersuit main mod on

webkilla

webkilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I found the issue: The mod "minecraft tc inventory scanning", which is named tcinventoryscan in the mod list, is a thaumcraft-related mod.

It would be real if all the mods in the modlist were named in a way that made them easy to ID.

Once that was fixed, I got that same old potion of paralysis error again. I fixed this by disabling the 1.7 biomes o plenty mod that came with the modpack - and then downloading and using the 1.7.2 version. There was no potion issue with that version.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users