Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problems with quarry

3 replies to this topic

EndermanSlayer

EndermanSlayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:EndermanSlayer
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack
Direwolf20 - 1.6.4

I have a quarry set up, powered by 1 electrical engine, 2 bat boxes, and a cluster of solar panels.  

The quarry is getting plenty of energy.  The solar clusters provide more energy than can be used during the day, and the bat boxes store enough energy to get through most of the night.

The problem is that after the engine heats up to around 90 degrees C, the robot that builds the frame will just stop and float in mid air.  

To get the entire frame built, I had to stop, cool down, and restart the engine numerous times.  

After the frame was completed, the quarry will not mine.  The mining tip/arm does not even appear.  

I have moved, and replaced the quarry multiple times.  I have tried it at the max size, the minimum size, and even a size in the middle.

Any suggestions?

EndermanSlayer

EndermanSlayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:EndermanSlayer
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

*Update*

Adding 2 more electrical engines has apparently fixed the problem.  According to the Wiki, the Quarry requires a minimum of 2 MJ/t to operate, which is what 1 electrical engine provides. Not sure why it works fine until it heats up, but that's for a separate discussion.  Maybe some in game values were updated. 

• felinoel likes this

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

*Update*

Adding 2 more electrical engines has apparently fixed the problem.  According to the Wiki, the Quarry requires a minimum of 2 MJ/t to operate, which is what 1 electrical engine provides. Not sure why it works fine until it heats up, but that's for a separate discussion.  Maybe some in game values were updated. 

It is very likely that in game values changed, that happens a lot.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

gptnederlands

gptnederlands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity
It sounds like you're encountering some technical challenges with your quarry setup. Have you considered using Chat GPT Nederlands to brainstorm potential solutions or troubleshoot the issue? Its diverse knowledge base might offer some creative insights to help resolve the problem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users