Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crafting Guide—the step-by-step guide to make anything in Minecraft—Now on Mobile & Tablets!

40 replies to this topic

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Man, how much time do you have‽

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • IGN:Tungston_Miner
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I just released another exciting update for Crafting Guide!  This update adds a lot of small tweaks and adjustments to

the site's animations and some performance enhancements, but the big news is an enhanced crafting algorithm and
Railcraft support!

The new crafting algorithm, instead of using the first available recipe for any given item, will now choose the recipe
which is most effecient at producing that item. In other words, if you have a Macerator, it will be smart enough to use
it. It is also smart about using machines like the Block Cutting Machine to make plates.  And, as an extra bonus, it's
about twice as fast as the old algorithm.

With Railcraft support not only comes the huge richness of that mod, but the first multi-block structures in Crafting
Guide.  For example, check out how to make a Blast Furnace!

• ZL123 likes this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Another big release for Crafting Guide!  This time, I've been working on the navigation of the site itself.  You'll now

see a small navigation bar at the top of each page which both tells you where you are as well as letting you jump to
another location.  This make the whole item/mod-browsing part of the site much more visible, and simplifies the crafting
page a bit.  There's even a real home page with a change log!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

It's been a while, but I just posted some new stuff for Crafting Guide. First, a volunteer took on the rather daunting

task of adding Forestry support!  It's all there in all its glorious plethora of species. Major kudos to Sheldon Griffin
for making it happen.

Second, I've just finished the coding to majorly improve the item pages. Now, its possible to add a markdown description
of the item (including images) as well as videos for each item. Of course, actually filling in the content is a whole
different kettle of fish.  The Buildcraft guys have generously given me permission to copy in their content, so I'm
going to be busy doing that for a while. However, you can see the finished product for the
Advanced Crafting Table.  More to come!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Happy Friday! For the weekend, you get Big Reactors! Enjoy!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Recently, I've been working on allowing mod authors to add more detail to the item pages here on Crafting Guide. To that end, there are a couple of new features to announce. First, item detail pages can now show text and pictures to describe the item (check out the Assembly Table for an example). Second, mods can now include tutorial pages containing similar text and pictures to describe tricky concepts, complex builds, or anything else their mod has to offer (see Gates, Wires, and Chips for an example). Finally, both item pages and tutorial pages can display a list of YouTube videos. Only a few pages in the Buildcraft section have been updated so far, but keep an eye out for more to come!

And... the second piece of news is that Crafting Guide now supports Thermal Dynamics! This mod is an off-shoot from Thermal Expansion which contains all the ducts (item, fluid and redstone flux) you're used to from TE3 plus some extras both for higher capacity throughput and combining item ducts with redstone flux ducts.

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I'm happy to announce that Crafting Guide now supports a few new mods JABBA, Iron Chests, and an upgrade for BuildCraft.  This last is now caught up with all the latest BuildCraft goodies... including Robots!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

You've asked for it, and now it's finally here... Mekanism support is now available! There is one important caveat... I can't figure out the exact quantities of all the various liquid-based recipes, so the numbers have been completely omitted for that part and probably are a bit incorrect. If you have any further information about those recipes, please let me know!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I've got a bunch of new things to announce today!  First, thanks to a contribution from a fan, Crafting Guide now supports Extra Utilities and Ender Storage.  I've also added support for Modular PowerSuits and Simply Jetpacks.  Second, I replaced the item picker on the crafting page.  Unlike the earlier item picker, this one shows you a picture of the item (so you can be sure you got the right one), and it will let you pick items from different mods which share a name (e.g., the Copper Gear from Forestry or Thermal Expansion).  Finally, using the new item picker, I added a site-wide search feature.  It will find any item from any mod in your current mod pack and take you directly to that page.  Much more convenient!

• Aezex likes this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Okay... big changes on the crafting page! Instead of having four little boxes for the various parts of the crafting plan, the new page shows all the steps as one long list.  In addition, you get a lot more control over the plan. Now, you can even mark individual steps as complete to get a new crafting plan which doesn't include those items.

As an example, let's say you're thinking about upgrading your Reinforced Jetpack to a shiny new Resonant Jetpack, you can just mark off the step for the Reinforced Jetpack, and get only the materials and steps for doing the upgrade.

I'm really pleased with the new crafting page, and I think you're going to love it!

• ZL123 and Aezex like this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I've been working on a big new feature for a while now, but I didn't want to leave everyone without anything new for so long... So, I've just finished adding MineFactory Reloaded! Enjoy!

• Aezex likes this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

It's been a while since I've posted an update, but that's not because I haven't been busy!  Today I launched the first of many features allowing people to contribute content directly on the site.  Log in, and you'll be able to add or edit item descriptions using GitHub-flavored Markdown.  Of course, since this is a pretty new feature, there's a lot to do in adding descriptions, but this is the first step!

• ostPavel and Aezex like this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Today I launched the second major part of the item description editor: image uploads! As you enter your description, use the markdown notation for an image: ![](image.png) and a empty image preview will show up underneath the editor. Click the button to select an image from your computer. Just be sure to keep the images to a reasonable size (< 750kB, and < 740px by 600px).  Feel free to test it out by helping to add some item descriptions!

JC_the_Techie

JC_the_Techie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • IGN:JC_the_Techie
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity
Would be nice to have support for GregTech, I don't use this mod but come across its odd recipes editing the wiki

TehRawrz

TehRawrz

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • IGN:TehRawrz
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Would be nice to have support for GregTech, I don't use this mod but come across its odd recipes editing the wiki

I believe it's a planned feature, but that amount of items loaded through the current way would take forever both in man hours to put them into json and loading on the site.

JC_the_Techie

JC_the_Techie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • IGN:JC_the_Techie
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity
Ya I can imagine.

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I believe it's a planned feature, but that amount of items loaded through the current way would take forever both in man hours to put them into json and loading on the site.

Exactly right.  :-)

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
At long last, I've got some more big news about Crafting Guide! I've just finished a completely new crafting algorithm. Instead of just taking the first crafting plan it comes up with, it tries to compute every possible plan, rates them, and then picks the best one. So far, it's already coming up with a few plans which are better than what I could have done by hand!

• ZL123 likes this

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

For a long while now, Galacticraft has been the most requested mod, and it's finally here! Enjoy!

andrewminer

andrewminer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I'm super excited to announce that I've added full multi-block support for Crafting Guide! For example, check out a 5-Core Reactor from Big Reactors, or the 5x5x5 Steel Tank from Railcraft. I'm really pleased with how it turned out! Tell me about any multiblocks you'd like to see, and I'll make sure they get added!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users