Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bee Issues/Concerns/Bugs

Bees Magic Bees New Bees

30 replies to this topic

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I am going through and giving a major re-haul to the bee species page to reflect what it actually is now in Unleashed. Many new bees were added, with new combs. Some bees have been given new names, as well as some combs. I have all the information I need (via the apiarist database and personally making all the bees on my server,) but I am not sure how to fix non-existent pictures, or how to update the bee names for their pictures. For example, there was a bee (Extra Bees) in Ultimate called the "Caffeine Bee". In Unleashed (and Extra Bees) it has been re-named "Caffeinated Bee". How do I make the picture that was for "Caffeine Bee" show up under "Caffeinated Bee" now? There are still a significant portion of new bees that have no pictures anywhere (such as the Monastic Bee). How does one go about getting pictures?

Also, the mod previously named "Thaumic Bees" is now named "Magic Bees". In the template, in order to get the bee pictures to show up it requires "tb" and it should be changed to "mb" in order to be less confusing down the road. I am not sure how to go about doing changing that. 

After I finish the Bee Species page (today or tomorrow) I will start on the long process of updating all the Bee pages/ creating the ones that were never created. It got a bit tedious after a while, but this time I am determined! You can see my progress (and all the broken pictures) on my sandbox page.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

For uploading the Bee pictures I'd just have one of those bees in my inventory, take a screenshot, crop it, remove the grey parts around it, size it up to 32px (that's double for me), and there we are!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

So far on the bee species page in my sandbox I have completed Forestry and Extra Bees. Here are the issues I have found:

Swamp Bee has been renamed Damp Bee.

Caffeine Bee has been renamed Caffeinated Bee.

Hardy Bee has been renamed Robust Bee.

These will need their bee page names changed. 

The following bees need pictures (icons) in the templates: (Some are just incorrect. Not sure if they were changed recently.)

Damp (previously Swamp)
Ender
Caffinated (previously Caffeine)
Gnawing
Decomposing
Robust (previously Hardy)
Growing
Thriving
Blooming
Ripening
Furious

All of the "color" bees have combs had names identical to their respective species in Ultimate. In the new Extra Bees that is present in Unleashed, they are ALL called "tinted comb" but are still colored differently. I am thinking the icons just need to have their names changed either to "TintedMaroon" or "Tinted1" etc. in the template, rather than "Maroon" as the comb name. List of color bees in order for convenience:

Maroon
Saffron
Prussian
Natural
Ebony
Bleached
Sepia
Amber
Turquoise
Indigo
Slate
Azure
Lavender
Lime
Fuchsia
Ashen

Now just to tackle the new Magic Bees and find the problems =)

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

This might sound stupid, but HOW do I upload it? Also, how do you deal with the glowing/color changing/sudo-enchanted bees?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

At the top of any wiki page, you'd select Toolbox >> Upload file. Not sure how the animated bees should be handled, since a screencap won't accurately display the bee.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

This might sound stupid, but HOW do I upload it? Also, how do you deal with the glowing/color changing/sudo-enchanted bees?

To upload, go on any FTB Wiki page and press Alt+U. Alternatively, you can select the Toolbox tab at the top of the page and click 'Upload File'.

And I don't think we have anything glowing/color changing/sudo-enchanted showing on the wiki, so I think you shouldn't really worry about that too much for now.

Example: http://ftbwiki.org/Industrious_Bee

That does not have any glow whatsoever on the wiki, although it does in-game.

Ooh, that's right! I forgot.

Definitely another way (for items only!) to get the icon is to open up the mod files with WinRAR or 7Zip or a similar program, and find the image file(s) for that item. If it's part of a whole sheet, do a Save As, so you work on another copy and don't mess up the actual mod files. Even if it isn't, I would anyway just in case. Personally I like to keep a sort of library of all the images I've uploaded to the wiki. So if it's part of a sheet, crop to the image (make sure the corners are multiples of 16) to the actual one you want, save, and upload that!

Also, timrem posted his post right when I was typing this. :)

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

And I don't think we have anything glowing/color changing/sudo-enchanted showing on the wiki, so I think you shouldn't really worry about that too much for now.

Example: http://ftbwiki.org/Industrious_Bee

That does not have any glow whatsoever on the wiki, although it does in-game.

Yeah, my question is how to get a picture of the bee with it not glowing. I know the wiki has no glowing pictures =/

Also, no one has addressed the Thaumic Bees now being Magic Bees issue. I was playing around with the template for Thaumic Bees, seeing if I could figure out how to make a copy of it work for Magic Bees instead (mb rather than tb in the template code) but I am so totally lost. I think someone more skilled than I might have to do that. In the meantime, I guess I should use tb, even though it is wrong? Or should I use mb and just have a page of broken bee pictures until it gets fixed?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Yeah, my question is how to get a picture of the bee with it not glowing. I know the wiki has no glowing pictures =/

Also, no one has addressed the Thaumic Bees now being Magic Bees issue. I was playing around with the template for Thaumic Bees, seeing if I could figure out how to make a copy of it work for Magic Bees instead (mb rather than tb in the template code) but I am so totally lost. I think someone more skilled than I might have to do that. In the meantime, I guess I should use tb, even though it is wrong? Or should I use mb and just have a page of broken bee pictures until it gets fixed?

Did you read the bit below you quoted?

I can't help you really with the Thaumic/Magics, sorry. I'm not that skilled with navs. :P But maybe just copy the whole Tb-nav into a new Mb-nav, and just change whatever's changed in the Mb-nav.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

If you meant something like {{Bees|mb|node}}, that will now work as well as {{Bees|tb|node}}.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0

I will update the bee templates/images in a couple of days.

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I will update the bee templates/images in a couple of days.

Oh, thanks! Should I wait to change the official Bee Species page until then, or should I change it now without all the pictures? It does still have a lot of new useful information (such as many species being changed on how to get them.)

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I finished updating the Magic Bees.

Name changes:

What it was ---> What it is now

Iron --> Ferrous
Gold --> Auric
Copper --> Cuprum
Tin --> Stannum
Silver --> Argentum
Lead --> Plumbum
Diamond --> Diamandi
Emerald --> Esmeraldi
Node ---> Attractive

Wrong/missing pictures (on the mb template):
Mystical
Sorcerous
Unusual
Attuned
Eldritch
Savant
Skulking
Ghastly
Spidery
Smoldering
Ethereal
Watery
Earthen
Firey
Windy
Aware
Infernal
Hateful
Spiteful
Withering
Oblivion
Nameless
Abandoned
Forlorn
Draconic
Ferrous
Auric
Cuprum
Stannum
Argentum
Plumbum
Aluminum
Ardite
Cobalt
Manyullyn
Diamanti
Esmeraldi
Apatine
Flux
Attractive
Rejuvenating
Pure
Brainy
Wispy
Batty

If it helps more to have a list of what magic bees have CORRECT pictures, here it is:
Esoteric
Mysterious
Arcane
Charmed
Enchanted
Supernatural
Pupil
Scholarly
Timely
Lordly
Doctoral
Spirit
Soul
Stark
Aura
Ignis
Aqua
Solum
Praecantatio
Vis
Poultry
Beefy
Porcine
Minium

Missing Combs:
Mundane Comb
Papery Comb (picture is wrong)
Molten Comb
Firey Comb
Windy Comb
Temporal Comb
Soul Comb (picture is wrong)
Forgotten Comb
Harmonizing Comb

Missing Bee Products:
Spider Eye
String
Blaze Rod
Clay
Feather
Wither Skeleton Bone Chip
Draconic Dust
Aluminum Nugget
Ardite Nugget
Cobalt Nugget
Manyullyn Nugget
Diamond Shard
Emerald Shard
Apitite Shard
Dull Shard
Air Shard
Fire Shard
Water Shard
Earth Shard
Vis Shard

I hope this helps someone =)

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Yeah, it'd be nice if you could hold off for now. I have to take an exam on economics on saturday, after that I have plenty of time to take care of it.

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yeah, it'd be nice if you could hold off for now. I have to take an exam on economics on saturday, after that I have plenty of time to take care of it.

Well, I did it anyways before you posted =P Personally, I would much rather have some missing/broken pictures with correct mutation information than being endlessly frustrated that a pair is not working. If someone wants to revert it because it bothers them too much, they can. The beauty of a wiki =)

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Well, I did it anyways before you posted =P Personally, I would much rather have some missing/broken pictures with correct mutation information than being endlessly frustrated that a pair is not working. If someone wants to revert it because it bothers them too much, they can. The beauty of a wiki =)

Like the with combs, I also intend to add unknown images for the bees, that should make things a bit cleaner.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

So far on the bee species page in my sandbox I have completed Forestry and Extra Bees. Here are the issues I have found:

Swamp Bee has been renamed Damp Bee.

Caffeine Bee has been renamed Caffeinated Bee.

Hardy Bee has been renamed Robust Bee.

These will need their bee page names changed. 

You can just copy the data over to the new page name and turn the old page into a redirect by placing the following code in it.

#REDIRECT [[Page name]]

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts

You can just copy the data over to the new page name and turn the old page into a redirect by placing the following code in it.

#REDIRECT [[Page name]]

No, no, NO! Sorry, but this is one of my biggest annoyances to see on wikis. You should NEVER copy-paste move pages like this; Special:MovePage exists for a very good reason. A page must remain paired with its edit history in order to abide by the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) used on the wiki. Doing a copy-paste move rips apart the page and the attributions. Always, always, always use the Move function if you're moving pages.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

No, no, NO! Sorry, but this is one of my biggest annoyances to see on wikis. You should NEVER copy-paste move pages like this; Special:MovePage exists for a very good reason. A page must remain paired with its edit history in order to abide by the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) used on the wiki. Doing a copy-paste move rips apart the page and the attributions. Always, always, always use the Move function if you're moving pages.

Riiiiight... then set up the Move template on the page you want to move, and be sure to go by the following format:

{{Move|Name of page you want it moved to here}}

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Diamond --> Diamandi

Emerald --> Esmeraldi

Interesting... on 152wgt there appears to be all of those! Diamond, Diamandi, Emerald and Esmeraldi.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

hypermice

hypermice

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Interesting... on 152wgt there appears to be all of those! Diamond, Diamandi, Emerald and Esmeraldi.

Well, Extra Bees still has a Diamond Bee and an Emerald Bee. Magic Bees changed their names to be way less confusing, but it is why you have all of them =) I have all of them as well.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bees, Magic Bees, New Bees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users