Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coolest item

16 replies to this topic

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
Which item in FTB (any pack, any mod) is the coolest, the most fun to use etc?

I think it is the portable hole. It can be used for soooooooo much fun. A close second is the arial faith plate.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Portal Gun. Nuff said.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Portal Gun. Nuff said.

No. Not enough said. Why is it your favorite, compared to the other cool items/blocks?

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

No. Not enough said. Why is it your favorite, compared to the other cool items/blocks?

Because it has so many different uses. You can use it for quick transport. You can use it to get to otherwise inaccessible locations. You can even strategically place portals and use it as a weapon. I find that coming up with uses for it is interesting and fun. 

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'd have to say, Tungsten Ore, I love it because there's so many uses for it.

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Turtles for sure. Turtles are like the Ditto of Minecraft. They can be anything you want them to be. From simple things such as quarries and mob grinders, to more complex things like butlers and cave explorers (Yes. Someone did actually code a few turtles to be his own little butlers. They'd mine things for him and put them in chest carts, send them to the base and have even more turtles to remove said items into the appropriate chests and send the cart back. Heck, they'd even cook your food for you!)

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Turtles can also sort your items.

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Tesseracts! they are just awesome, they can send anything anywhere, and doesn't cause chunk updates (Ref.: DW20 SMP LP S04E24)

Drawback is the loss in energy with the energy tesseracts, but we agreed to lower it from 25% to 10% on my server cause 25% is just.. dumb, 10% is much more reasonable.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Tesseracts! they are just awesome, they can send anything anywhere, and doesn't cause chunk updates (Ref.: DW20 SMP LP S04E24)

Drawback is the loss in energy with the energy tesseracts, but we agreed to lower it from 25% to 10% on my server cause 25% is just.. dumb, 10% is much more reasonable.

I'm not too bothered with the energy loss. I only really use energy tesseracts for transferring MJ from my factory to buildcraft machines and they don't exactly need 100MJ/t to function nicely.

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

My favorite is... well i would have just a ton. Probably the wraith lighter or the ore magnet or OR mmm...The ender egg power transposer or something like that.

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

Hippieshaman

Hippieshaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I'm not too bothered with the energy loss. I only really use energy tesseracts for transferring MJ from my factory to buildcraft machines and they don't exactly need 100MJ/t to function nicely.

I use it mainly to power Quarries and Bee Machines, they both need a ton of energy to operate at full speed.

Hippiecraft Community, since 2012.

Forum, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Planet Minecraft, Steam, Website

Contact us by e-mail: mail@hippiecraft.net | Support: support@hippiecraft.net

Viog82

Viog82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Warded Glass or any of the Thaumium tools with a good enchantment on them.  Or the tool/wand items.  Those are incredible.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
I love the IC2 Mining Laser. I use it for just about everything. The moment I obtain one, the speed at which I can play MC sky rockets and I become super productive.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

SekCbeast

SekCbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

I really like the vajra because its so got damn fast. I'm in the long process of making on in my survival (it's a pain in my butt).

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I really like the vajra because its so got damn fast. I'm in the long process of making on in my survival (it's a pain in my butt).

Just be careful with how much EU it eats up. If you haven't got a lappack or gravisuit to power it, it'l run out of power really quickly.

SekCbeast

SekCbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Just be careful with how much EU it eats up. If you haven't got a lappack or gravisuit to power it, it'l run out of power really quickly.

I know it should have like ab eu storage upgrade option,

Archina

Archina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I know it should have like ab eu storage upgrade option,

Well the EU storage upgrade pretty much is the gravichest. Though before I could get my hands on one, I just kept switching between the ultimate lappack, electric jetpack and quantum body for anything I needed. You might as well make the lappack as you'll need it for the gravichest anyway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users