Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Huge lag spike when i Check usage

6 replies to this topic

wardmaas1

wardmaas1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:wardmaas1
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hello,

I have huge lag spikes when i check the usage of an item in toomanyitems, like 20 seconds lag spikes.

Ive had this problem with more modpacks like tekkit, but not on hexxit.

I can also just easily check the recipe of an item withouth lag but when i check the Usage of an item causes me a huge lag spike.

I hope somebody knows how to fix this bug.

Thanks,

Ward

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It's just something you have to deal with, unfortunately. Checking a Recipe is easy: all NEI has to do is look up the item in question, and present the recipes. Checking a Usage is much more work: NEI has to look through every single recipe in the game to see if that item is used in any of them. Even on a good computer, checking uses causes a momentary pause. If it's taking 20 seconds, I'd wager you're not on a high-end machine. The lag spike will be directly proportional to the number and complexity of the mods you have installed, which would explain why some smaller packs such as hexxit don't have such obvious delays.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

^ this. My computer, although not a gaming machine, is fairly new, and it also takes 15 or so seconds, so that's normal. Fortunately that's fixed in 1.6 versions of NEI, in newer packs checking usage doesn't take much longer than checking recipes.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Lenovo Y410P, takes about 2-3 seconds.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Lenovo Y410P, takes about 2-3 seconds.

Depends on pack and MC version. As I said, 1.6 is MUCH quicker and smaller packs (lite-ish) don't take that long even in older versions. My 15+ second pack was Unleashed with a few other random mods added, which is obviously much larger.

wardmaas1

wardmaas1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:wardmaas1
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

But yet my friends have almost no problems with it and im sure of it that i have a  better computer then theirs.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

But yet my friends have almost no problems with it and im sure of it that i have a  better computer then theirs.

It also depends on the modpack, packs with more mods slow down more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users