Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Re-Batteries and logistics pipes

8 replies to this topic

Torkuda

Torkuda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Ive got a logistics pipes setup and I am using the crafting pipes as well. I have it set up to make multiple items and they all work, with the exception of anything using a RE-battery. It always says that the battery is missing when I have multiple ones in one of my chests. anyone have the same problem or have any ideas?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I forget: do uncharged batteries stack? If not, you'll need to place a chest next to any crafting table that has a battery required, and have a satellite crafting pipe set up on that chest for the batteries. Unless things have changed, the crafting tables cannot work if the recipe has non-stacking items, and requires this workaround.

If that's not it, make sure you use one of the batteries from the chest to set the recipe in the crafting table and pipe. If you just shift-click the recipe from NEI, it will be looking for a battery with no charge bar at all, whereas all your batteries will probably have an empty charge bar (a minor but important distinction).

LuckyJim1001

LuckyJim1001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:LuckyJim
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Uncharged batteries stack, charged dont. Same as buckets of water

I use AE now but remember my last world using Log pipes for autocrafting was a bitch sometimes with items that dont stack.

Got it all working but it is a pain until you really get a handle on it.

Good fun though seeing random items getting thrown out of the logistic system. I used to sit and watch carefully where the item was being thrown out of.

Then i knew where to start troubleshooting.

But that does not sound like your problem.

You have stacked RE-Batteries in the log system but they are not being recognised as available.

Know it sounds silly but are you sure the system is seeing them ?

I used to start basic troubleshooting by just trying to order the item via Requestor pipe or with a remote orderer (essential piece of kit in large Log network)

Amount of time I would not see the item available for order, go to the chest and see I had forgot to install a Providor module.

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Try using Logistics Crafting Tables instead of regular Autocrafting Tables - the logistics ones work correctly with unstackable items.

Torkuda

Torkuda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I am using the logistics crafting tables hooked up to the logistics crafting pipes. I was able to get them to work, not 100% sure what I did though. It was weird, it could see that I had 6 batteries, but when I tried to craft something that used them it would say that they are missing. Now it doesnt want to see some of my barrels but it sees others hooked up the same way. Ill be switching over to the AE system sometime later since this system seems a little glitchy/Im too dumb to get it working correctly.

Torkuda

Torkuda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Ok, the barrel thing was my fault, I went a little too crazy with the plugs :P

LuckyJim1001

LuckyJim1001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:LuckyJim
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I'd say give AE a look. I have started using it and really dont want to use anything else.

No more racks of chests :)

Torkuda

Torkuda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

So what is the best way to get all my items into my AE system without manually dropping in the items myself?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

So what is the best way to get all my items into my AE system without manually dropping in the items myself?

Craft yourself a Precision Import Bus. You should only need the one to start, and some amount of ME Cable. Point it at an inventory, and it will pull everything from that inventory into your AE network if you have space. You want the Precision one so you can set it to pull stacks at a time, the Basic Import Bus can only pull one item at a time.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users