Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game keeps crashing, assistance welcomed

5 replies to this topic

shaun997

shaun997

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:Shaun997
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Hi,

I've been playing Direwolf20 pack for a few days now, however the game keeps randomly crashing. I've been trying to figure out if there is something i'm doing in the game causing it, but sometime I can go hours playing without an issue, and other times it will crash within 5minutes of playing.

i've installed the mod pack when it corrupted my world but that hasnt worked.

To give as much information as possible up front to assist, my PC specs are as follows:

8GB RAM

Athlon II x4 640 Processor 3.00GHz

64-bit Operating System

AMD Radeon HD 5670 GFX Card

I've attached my lastest crash log, its called Server however i am playing a single player game which i thought was strange.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appriciated.

Attached File  crash-2014-02-16_18.02.52-server.txt   29.23KB   485 downloads

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It's not strange to have a server log; since MC1.3 I think server and client were merged. That's why LAN worlds are possible.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

shaun997

shaun997

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi ZL123,

Your response is greatly appriciated, however i'm not concerned by the fact it states server log, even though I have some that say server log and others that say Client log, however my issue is actually with regard to it crashing in the first place.

if you have a moment, and are able to assist, please could you take a look and advise.

Thank you,

Shaun

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It looks like the Hats mod is causing a problem; do the random crashes happen to occur when you'd be unlocking a new hat? I know there's a glitch when unlocking a hat in the nether that makes everything invisible, it could be a related bug that you're seeing. You may wish to disable the Hats mod, in case it's something less controllable, such as simply encountering a mob with a specific hat. The log isn't very clear about what the actual problem is.

shaun997

shaun997

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you Timrem, i'll try that and will let you know.

I've been getting so frustrated with the crashes that i've made a Monster world instead, alas....the same crash, i'm not sure if its the same issue but i've attached the log just incase.

i will try with the hat mod uninstalled because i never use it anyway as its a bit pointless in single player.

i will let you know if that worked.

thank you very much,

Kind Regards

Shaun

Attached Files

shaun997

shaun997

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi Timrem,

No luck, didnt notice but it would seem the Monster pack doesnt have the hats mod anyway, i thought for a little bit that it was because i was putting Dartcraft into the pack but remade a world without it in and it still crashed, although took awhile before it crashed

Thanks,

Shaun

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users