Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternative Soul Cage Texture

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

While the Soul Cages from Soul Shards are awesome in every aspect of the word, the texture they use has always bugged me. The mod creator lazily copied the Iron Bar texture, only adding a few extra bars so it tessellates better. Sure, it fits the recipe, but it still seems a bit bland. As such, I decided to make an alternative texture.

8515331696_cdc815a967_n.jpg8515331732_00b2e6fcd7_n.jpg

Keeping with the Iron theme, I used bits and pieces from Iron Bar texture and put them into a spawner lattice pattern. It's hard to see the detail in 16x16, but with the 32x32 version, you may notice that I've layered the bars out to make them look like they weave together. The textures are also a nice alternative to the vanilla spawners, in case you want a different one.

The textures I've made are below. The small one is the 16x texture, while the larger one is 32x. You may use them however you like, whether it be personal use or in a texture pack. Just give me credit if you wish to redistribute them.  ;)

cagealt16x.png cagealt32x.png

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

These are really cool. I think ill use them.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
Nice! Not much else to say.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Its good to have other then that ugly default one.

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

streak1

streak1

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Since I merged this with the other thread, this one became kinda pointless, and probably should be removed if possible.

8520651176_f9f7b311aa_z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users