Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ranks

31 replies to this topic

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Having to many user ranks serves no immediate purpose other than promote spamming to get to a higher tier. If its possible, maybe have the user rank according to number of likes your posts get instead?

This is merely making use of a pre-existing system built into IPB without having to install or create any additional modules.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

How do you get the ranks?

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Okay, there's two kinds of ranks - your posting rank and your manual rank. Posting ranks don't affect the permissions that you have, manual ranks do.

AFAIK there are three posting ranks:

1. Newbie - default.
  2. Member - after 10 posts.
  3. Advanced Member - after 30 (?) posts.

Then there's the other ranks:

1. Contributor - manual promotion if you contribute regularly to the wiki. Gives you some wiki permissions, such as moving and deleting pages, edit patrolling and editing some protected pages.
  2. Moderator - manual promotion after being nominated and voted for by staff. Gives you some forum moderation rights.
  3. Administrator - manual promotion after being nominated and voted for by staff. Gives you administration rights on both wiki and forums.
  4. Operator - awesome rank exclusive to RZR0, which probably gives him all rights. Who knows?

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Just to clarify...

RANKS:
|1.Newbie
1. Members -----------|2. Member
|3. Advanced Member
2. Contributors
3. Moderators
4. Operator
5. Administrators

lol

Or, ranks (at least for the activeness, not necessarily the administrators and such) could be different ores.

• Xychorium
  • Iron
  • Tin
  • Copper
  • Lead
  • Redstone
  • Lapis
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Sapphire
  • Ruby
  • Platinum
  • Diamond
  • Iridium
idk, why not use every block ID for vanilla?

Having to many user ranks serves no immediate purpose other than promote spamming to get to a higher tier. If its possible, maybe have the user rank according to number of likes your posts get instead?

This is true.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

This is true.

Likes may still promote spamming to get to a higher tier. Remember, there's the "bug" where you can like your own posts. Even worse, it is possible to get likes on the Offtopic forum (afaik), whereas posts in that forum do not count to the total amount of posts.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Likes may still promote spamming to get to a higher tier. Remember, there's the "bug" where you can like your own posts. Even worse, it is possible to get likes on the Offtopic forum (afaik), whereas posts in that forum do not count to the total amount of posts.

Both of those should be editable.
player.me/felinoel

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

You could base it on not just like and post count but average those out divide by two and that could be a "rating" the more helpful a person has been the higher "rating" they will have, otherwise people might just spam posts to get higher ranks. I like the idea of materials for ranks though. Maybe have a little less? Maybe part of the game, like wood puncher, iron miner, void walker, kinda like minecraft wiki but since FTB has lots more to it there could be a lot more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

You could base it on not just like and post count but average those out divide by two and that could be a "rating" the more helpful a person has been the higher "rating" they will have, otherwise people might just spam posts to get higher ranks. I like the idea of materials for ranks though. Maybe have a little less? Maybe part of the game, like wood puncher, iron miner, void walker, kinda like minecraft wiki but since FTB has lots more to it there could be a lot more

Still a problem.

Post a post. Like it.

Post a post. Like it.

Post a post. Like it.

Post a post. Like it.

etc.

They'd get 100% as their rating, or even more if they get other accounts to 'like' them.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

Grats on 1000 posts :D

• Aezex likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Grats on 1000 posts :D

Grats on noticing!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

DiamondDoctor

DiamondDoctor

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Monster

Oh i see and wow congrats 1000! And ugh this isnt easy people abuse friggin everything

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help? If so, click that like button! (And then, click Here! This is a feedback poll! Help me Help you and others!) (Stalk me here on the forums!)

Bored? Watch these!(-IN THE FACE-...-DADADAOOMSDAY-...-Krieg-...-NFLBLR-...-NFLBLR2-...-Fosko-)

"Speak softly and carry a diamond sword"-Me                                                                                                                                                                                            

Punching trees, falling off cliffs, punching grass... Now that i think of it, Minecraft sounds painful.                                                                                                 

The Word of the Week isIndefatigable!

Signature now with 89.6% more COLOR!                                                                                                              

-DiamondDoctor

-For anyone interested, please, please, please check out my mod, AnyUtil, and post suggestions!

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Grats on noticing!

:'c
  • ZL123 likes this
player.me/felinoel

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users