Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Indoor Tree Farm

6 replies to this topic

LieutenantMaidl

LieutenantMaidl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

The arboretum and logger have sufficient power and the arboretum is full of humus and saplings but there is no humus being placed. Any Ideas?

TheLaw

TheLaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Could you post some pics on how you set it up?

~TheLaw

If you didn't like me, that your problem not mine.
Anything that advertises(on the side ads over whatever) causes malware or dissatisfaction BUT MINECRAFT DOESENT advertise at ALL

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Make sure that you are powering the arboretum with a BuildCraft-compatible engine that produces a good amount of power (Redstone Engines won't work, as they don't generate enough power), make sure that the engines are generating power (on and with supplies to generate power) and that the power is getting received by the Arboretum, as no machines can receive power directly from Wooden Conductive Pipes. Also make sure that no config files are disabling Forestry or the Arboretum, and make sure that the 13x13 area around the Arboretum itself is cleared as well as a 13x13 area for 5 blocks above the Arboretum.

If you can put some pictures on your original post using the edit function, that would be very helpful in allowing people to help you set this up.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

TheDawgMiner

TheDawgMiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:TheDawgMiner

"Vanilla" brainstorming:

#1. Height of room Vs. max spawn height of tree type - is there enough room?

- MC wiki has all info needed for underground tree farms 4 vanilla trees - will apply to rooms with a roof too

- for Mod trees - i would play with saplings & bonemeal to find max spawn height for that tree type if not posted in said mods wiki

#2 Light!

- Also see MC wiki underground tree farm (oak trees & torches) - it may or may not apply to all tree types, but torches are cheap & cuts down on mobs!

- Wrath lamps are awesome for tall trees! Last I looked they light 30 blocks down which is perfect for all but a few tree types!

All else fails, learn LUA and use Computercraft turtles, unless changed recently, wood transport pipes can pull items out of a turtle, I believe AE inport/export busses can interact with turtles too but I haven't tested it(yet). many pre-written "clear area" type programs could be tweaked to apply to your exact room needs.

also check space needed on ether side of sapling, example: oak needs 2 block gap between wall & sapling where the leaves spawn, restricting trunk below minimum spawn height can force max spawn height but can delay growth. example: if a tree can spawn in 3 differant heights (7,8 or 9) and you force it to only spawn 9's it will fail to grow every time it tries a 7 or 8

Edited by TheDawgMiner, 23 August 2013 - 08:07 PM.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I can't help but think that after five months, they've either figured it out or abandoned the project...

TheDawgMiner

TheDawgMiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:TheDawgMiner

Might not be a high priority, or untold real life issues need delt with first

there is also Balance issues with some items, usefulness vs. abusive power.  The nurf of useing mining turtles with grindstone is a good example of that.

and now so many ways to make these "Bling Bling" diamond machines, makes getting diamonds a bit to easy in my opinion. 

Playing Spleef with a portal gun during a full moon just isn't fair lol but funny to watch

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

"Vanilla" brainstorming:
#1. Height of room Vs. max spawn height of tree type - is there enough room?
- MC wiki has all info needed for underground tree farms 4 vanilla trees - will apply to rooms with a roof too
- for Mod trees - i would play with saplings & bonemeal to find max spawn height for that tree type if not posted in said mods wiki
#2 Light!
- Also see MC wiki underground tree farm (oak trees & torches) - it may or may not apply to all tree types, but torches are cheap & cuts down on mobs!
- Wrath lamps are awesome for tall trees! Last I looked they light 30 blocks down which is perfect for all but a few tree types!

All else fails, learn LUA and use Computercraft turtles, unless changed recently, wood transport pipes can pull items out of a turtle, I believe AE inport/export busses can interact with turtles too but I haven't tested it(yet). many pre-written "clear area" type programs could be tweaked to apply to your exact room needs.

also check space needed on ether side of sapling, example: oak needs 2 block gap between wall & sapling where the leaves spawn, restricting trunk below minimum spawn height can force max spawn height but can delay growth. example: if a tree can spawn in 3 differant heights (7,8 or 9) and you force it to only spawn 9's it will fail to grow every time it tries a 7 or 8

Umm... the original poster said that Humus wasn't being placed, not saplings not being grown.

I can't help but think that after five months, they've either figured it out or abandoned the project...

This. ^^

Might not be a high priority, or untold real life issues need delt with first

there is also Balance issues with some items, usefulness vs. abusive power.  The nurf of useing mining turtles with grindstone is a good example of that.

and now so many ways to make these "Bling Bling" diamond machines, makes getting diamonds a bit to easy in my opinion. 

Playing Spleef with a portal gun during a full moon just isn't fair lol but funny to watch

Umm... what?
  • skybix likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users